corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Washer Pump help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Washer Pump help
Matt_Davies

User status: Offline
   25th Jun 06 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I ve owned a corsa on been on here but could really do with some help.

The Washer pump on the Gf's car aint working! It aint the pump! (tried it in the old dears corsa and works) It aint the fuse (thats obvious and fine)

The wipers work when you try to wash the screen but the pump just dont do its bit. Does the wipers working mean that its not the switch. How do you check the switch? Whats wrong?

I'm crap at this kinda stuff............help please folks? Corsa c sxi if that helps.

Cheers, Matt.
AaronHorn

3rd Jul 06 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it isn't the pump it must be something before that... double check that the pump is getting/not getting power by using a multimeter on the pump's power connector. If it isn't you need to trace the wiring back and keep checking at different points/connectors. I'm not sure how the wiring is distributed for the pump but I imagen it makes an appearance behind the fuse box or in the connector in the kick panel... You'll need a Haynes manual or the like to find the wire colours.
Fonz
Premium Member

3rd Jul 06 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try checking the hoses.
on my NOva i filled the bottle with a thick screen wash whihc clogged it up!!

got a safety pin down the end of it and worked a beauty again!
GED2.0CORSA

6th Jul 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the washer pump mightactuallyjust be sticking

mine did this when idid the conversion on my corsa just cause the washer pump hadnt been used in a few weeks

i slipped it out gave a few little knocks with a hammer and put a few volts through it to see if it would work and walla it worked perfect.

still the same pump to this day,if it ever plays up i do the same.

hope this helps matt

New Poll