corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got 4 Vectra VXR's at work now............................

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got 4 Vectra VXR's at work now............................
DarkBahamut

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 06 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Rob, will try to get you the web site. This information has been given to me fomr one of the VXR owners (one of the big guns on the site) so will let you know. I've asked him for the link.

I think there is a video on google of a VXR/OPC doing Hamburger ring, can't give you the link as google vids are banned at work

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6415481612270651855&q=opel+astra+opc

This i guess?
Ant

22nd Jun 06 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
to be fair, which muppets are driving these other cars ?

That doesnt nmatter the OPC still did it in 8.34 which was what damio originaly stated
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but that means nothing until compared with other cars, which will need to be driven again by the same driver to mean anything
Ant

22nd Jun 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

second thought that vid could well have been chopped about some camera angles which look as if the are mounted on the car arnt seen on the external shots
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why?

a transit van can do it in 10.08
a donkervoort d8-270RS can do it in 7.18

VXR does it in 8.35.93

cant see why it needs comparing to everything else, its still quick, watch the video....
Paul_J

22nd Jun 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
whats with the groups of five or six cars with the same lap time and the same average speed?

it's quite feasible that some cars will lap it in the same lap time.

Since the way you work out average speed is distance divided by time - they will all naturally have same average speed.

same lap time - same distance coverage. thus same average speed.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you know a transit van couldnt do it in 9.55 given the right driver? if someone with very average ability drove a Civic type R around and got 10.20 does that mean the Transit van is quicker than the CTR i dont think so
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the vxr can do it in 8.35 yes, its quick, we know that, but according to those comparitive figures its quicker than the likes of m3 evo, s2000 etc etc which i seriously doubt if the driver of the VXR were to drive the other cars
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
whats with the groups of five or six cars with the same lap time and the same average speed?

Since the way you work out average speed is distance divided by time - they will all naturally have same average speed.

I'm not questioning that, im questioning why some of them are in 1 min 34 seconds fromat, and some are in 1 minute 34 seconds 36 hundredths format

why arent they all measured in the same way?

and i doubt very much that 5 cars would have EXACTLY the same average speed over a lap
Paul_J

22nd Jun 06 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also steve, how many laps has each had?

If say the data for the VXR astra was best lap time after say 100 laps. It's naturally be better than say the lap time of s2000 if its based on the best of 5 laps done etc.

As well as weather conditions, driver ability, traffic on track, death wish etc.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
how do you know a transit van couldnt do it in 9.55 given the right driver? if someone with very average ability drove a Civic type R around and got 10.20 does that mean the Transit van is quicker than the CTR i dont think so

clearly the CTR is the best car in the world, so no, the van wouldnt be quicker
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ctr was a bad example, as clearly the van would win anyway if it was a race up a hill
Paul_J

22nd Jun 06 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

I'm not questioning that, im questioning why some of them are in 1 min 34 seconds fromat, and some are in 1 minute 34 seconds 36 hundredths format

why arent they all measured in the same way?

and i doubt very much that 5 cars would have EXACTLY the same average speed over a lap

because I'm assuming firstly that the data is a collection from many sources - not 1 person testing every car, thus different timing gear used.

Secondly! what part of what I said above don't you understand??

5 Cars that do the SAME lap time, will have the same average speed!!!

if you cover 14 miles in 8 mins 35 - you will have the same AVERAGE Speed as anyone else who covers 14 miles in 8 mins 35. this is not top speed, or any shit like that.

You need to look up what average means or go dig up some primary school maths books mate.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see what you mean though, if Reuter drove all of them, and they were timed in the same way, and driven in the same conditions etc, then it wouldnt have beaten half the stuff it did.
Paul_J

22nd Jun 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and as for why most are timed in seconds rather than tenths and hundredths of seconds - is probably just due to the size of nurburgring.

Who cares if something is 0.02 seconds quicker over a lap of the ring - thats nothing due to the size of the track, so might as well just time in whole seconds.
Cybermonkey

23rd Jun 06 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Sorry, i was 5 seconds off. What was you saying Mr Cyberfella?

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by VXR]

nothing i was questioning the 7:30 mark...
Ditch

23rd Jun 06 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doug_SRi

23rd Jun 06 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dads currently got a vectra vxr as his company car and he really likes it, it sounds amazing compared to my astra vxr. Really nice car to drive. One good thing about being the manager at a car garage is you can take home what you want, back in 1991/92 he was using a lotus carlton and he has had many scooby's and stuff as well. Anyone notice the fuel gauge dropping in that astra vxr video?
Daimo B

23rd Jun 06 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robmarrot..

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

Thats the link i've just been given....

We're now laughing at the Focus ST time of 8 min 51.... Vs the Zafira VXR time of 8min 54
Carl

23rd Jun 06 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but like has been said, it could have been wet/shit driver/stuff on the track alsorts, there are too many variables unless that table was done on the same day by the same person. Even then there are still enough variables for it hardly to be absolutly precise.
Daimo B

23rd Jun 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, but still, something to remember when considering a ST over a VXR The VXR will be long gone in the distance, while a Vauxhall 7 seater people carrier is sat up your ass
Sooty
Banned

23rd Jun 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus ST's are pretty poor IMO, dude here at work has one, thinks its some form of sportscar
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jun 06 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
manufacturers figure for a STi V5 Type R is 4.3 ... youd have to get a damn near perfect launch, but the car is capable of it.
That particular variant of car, driven properly. The former being unlikely, and the latter being already established.

[Edited on 23-06-2006 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jun 06 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I notice that no one is disputing the Astra VXR lap times against S2000 and other stuff WHICH IT BEAT.

I notice the reason IT BEAT STUFF was the driver.

Shock horror. Good driver beats bad one in . Wasn't that what happened on page 1?
Jambo

23rd Jun 06 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this thread still going

<<  5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got 4 Vectra VXR's at work now............................ 22 database queries in 0.0160642 seconds