corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » exhaust banging on axle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exhaust banging on axle
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 06 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since lowering the car over the weekend, the exhaust has started banging on the axle. I've turned the clamp around, so it has a bit more clearance (5mm ish), but it still bangs occasionally. I can't move the clamp as the exhaust join is right above the axle, so what else could i do the either cut it out all together or at least quiten it down, cos its beginning to annoy me now !!!

Mase
dan_almond

21st Jun 06 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines doin this and ive not even lowered it yet !!. i moved the exhaust backwards a bit (towards the front of the car) as it was knocking on the rear hanger mounts.

is it best to get a new section of exhaust made up to give more clearance around the rear axel?
mattievRS

21st Jun 06 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mase5
Since lowering the car over the weekend, the exhaust has started banging on the axle. I've turned the clamp around, so it has a bit more clearance (5mm ish), but it still bangs occasionally. I can't move the clamp as the exhaust join is right above the axle, so what else could i do the either cut it out all together or at least quiten it down, cos its beginning to annoy me now !!!

Get a flexi joint for the exhaust mate!!That'll stop it banging.
dan_almond

21st Jun 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats that mate. have u got a link as to where i can get one?
Russ 200sx

21st Jun 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was doin this when i lowered it and we used to get corsa's coming back all the time when i worked in kwikfit, undo the clamp and twist the backbox so it sits closer to the chassis instead of axle, tighten back up
SHARPY

21st Jun 06 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put the middle section pegs through the other hole in the mounting rubbers to pull the whole exahust closer to the underneath of the car ... and zip tied the back box pegs so the tailpipe was tight against the bumper, only knocks when the cars full and then its only over speed bumps that it knocks

New Poll