corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » ITALY v USA OFFICIAL THREAD

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ITALY v USA OFFICIAL THREAD
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
17th Jun 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think quite a few of the refs have been rather harsh in this tournament to be honest

[Edited on 17-06-2006 by --Dave--]
Robbo

17th Jun 06 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, if they don't do what FIFA tell them they get sent home never to return
J da Silva

17th Jun 06 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better that than let them ref the game, FIFA asked them to clamp down by having words before caution, not tell the ref's to be totally imcompatent and get everything wrong. The brain is the best computer to date, it should be used correctly.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jun 06 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Jizinho the two straight red cards were 100% correct, cant see how you can argue that.

One was a blatant elbow, the other was straight into his ankles
J da Silva

17th Jun 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
TBH Jizinho the two straight red cards were 100% correct, cant see how you can argue that.

The elbow I agree with, the other two I don't as there were 3 red cards, the first USA red could have been a booking, I feel Pirlo made the most of it with a theatrical roll, not only that the ref based his decision on this roll.
The second USA sending off was no different to any other body to body barging that went off in that game, so if the ref wa being consistant then it would have been Italy with 8 men and USA with 6 men.

[Edited on 17-06-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]
Marc

17th Jun 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never saw the second half but not a bad result for USA considering who they were playing. A shame they aren't doing too well overall in their group though!
gianluigi

18th Jun 06 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:

The elbow I agree with, the other two I don't as there were 3 red cards, the first USA red could have been a booking, I feel Pirlo made the most of it with a theatrical roll, not only that the ref based his decision on this roll.
The second USA sending off was no different to any other body to body barging that went off in that game, so if the ref wa being consistant then it would have been Italy with 8 men and USA with 6 men.

[Edited on 17-06-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]

Two footed challenge from behind is with studs exposed is not only a dangerous challenge, but also a straight red

[Edited on 18-06-2006 by gianluigi]
Ian S

18th Jun 06 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should throw out the cheating italian scum, if they arent throwing the elbows and dirty fouls they are match fixing and diving
gianluigi

18th Jun 06 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian S
Should throw out the cheating italian scum, if they arent throwing the elbows and dirty fouls they are match fixing and diving

Please STFU with your unconstructive comments.

Edit: what a stupid comment, typifies the english view on italian football.

Russ

18th Jun 06 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
quote:
Originally posted by Ian S

Please STFU with your unconstructive comments.

Edit: what a stupid comment, typifies the english view on italian football.

and that ones typifies the italians views on the english view on italian football
Jules

18th Jun 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF Luigi Ian has a point about the Italian match fixing thing with all the recent events in Italy at the moment
gianluigi

18th Jun 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules, you as someone who supports an italian club, who was not involved in the scandle, should know that Ian's post was stupid.....Ok there are match fixing problems in Serie A, nothing to do with the national team.....because of that he brings up elbows (i've seen a million other players do that, where ad De Rossi is a disgraced cunt, he was punished on the pitch and will be dealt with off the pitch) and diving....what bollocks, every country does it...including england. So posting that Italy "scum" should be kicked out of the WC after we've earned our place there like every other team is stupid, and the evidence points to that he clearly know's little about football.

The recent events in italy, have stayed in italy, and ive seen no such evidence that any of that is effecting the national side.

Ry_B
Banned

18th Jun 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The elbow was definitely a red card. The others wern't. After the players got sent off, other players did VERY similar things, (slide tackle right into his ankles) and didn't even get yellowed. There's no consistency.
gianluigi

18th Jun 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cos the ref was shit. the slide tackle was a red. Eddie popes red card was questionable, i think the ref forgot he already booked him
J da Silva

18th Jun 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt more sorry for Totti than anyone else, De Rossi ruined his game.
gianluigi

18th Jun 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Lippi would take off a forward, Luca Toni would have been better to take off, and put totti upfront or just off gilardino. but you could see in totti's face he was upset, but didnt seem to make a fuss.
J da Silva

18th Jun 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Toni would be the slaughtered lamb also as he wasn't looking too good from kick off, Gilardino had scored so taking him off would have been shocking.
Robbo

18th Jun 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toni looks a good player but hes just got no pace about him... I can see him being replaced by that Iaquinta in the 2nd round because he looks a nifty player

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » ITALY v USA OFFICIAL THREAD 23 database queries in 0.0111721 seconds