corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Trinadad and Tobasco manager..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trinadad and Tobasco manager..
Russ

User status: Offline
14th Jun 06 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is slating us pretty badly, saying we'll be easy, and we can only score from set peices and not in open play... did nobody tell him you need at least half a chance of wining before mindgames work
antonOO2

14th Jun 06 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate to be nagative but he has a point without rooney i worry where goals wil come from in open play.I really hope im prooved wrong though
--Dave--
Banned

14th Jun 06 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we beat brazil through a set piece i'll gladly accept it

in fact i think our set pieces could prove to be very dangerous for a lot of teams. We have lots of physcial players who don't mind getting hurt if it means getting a goal, Terry for example.

Brazil looked crap yesterday at defending free kicks and corners.
Carl

14th Jun 06 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A goal is a goal in my book, open play or whatever it's all part of the game.
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antonOO2
i hate to be nagative but he has a point without rooney i worry where goals wil come from in open play.I really hope im prooved wrong though

Gerrard and Lampard both scored over 20 goals from midfield and Cole got a bag full. Plus Owen will score if the right balls are getting played to him.

Russ

14th Jun 06 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
id write a long reply calling you silly, but somebody else will do it for me

[Edited on 14-06-2006 by Russ]
Russ

14th Jun 06 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Gerrard and Lampard both scored over 20 goals from midfield and Cole got a bag full. Plus Owen will score if the right balls are getting played to him.

see
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
quote:

see

I with-held from saying silly, but I meant that!!

We must have one of the highest scoring midfields in the WC...if not the highest. If only Sven would stop giving Gerrard so much defensive worries he could play as well as he does for Liverpool.
Russ

14th Jun 06 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
quote:

see

I with-held from saying silly, but I meant that!!

We must have one of the highest scoring midfields in the WC...if not the highest. If only Sven would stop giving Gerrard so much defensive worries he could play as well as he does for Liverpool.
between them, our 4 in midfield must have scored 60goals in all comps this season. thats a stupid amount, and 45 of them from outside the box (joe cole cant do this )
Russ

14th Jun 06 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

according to skys stats, its exactly 60, which indicates..

i need a fucking life
antonOO2

14th Jun 06 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what you are saying and i agree with you in a way there just somthing niggling in the back of my head.i know they are capable of it just unsure whether there going to do it .
mav

14th Jun 06 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he wasn't really slating england, just saying like most teams at moment struggling to score from open play as games are so tight..

6 out of 7 last england goals scored from set pieces that right?
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
he wasn't really slating england, just saying like most teams at moment struggling to score from open play as games are so tight..

6 out of 7 last england goals scored from set pieces that right?

no...most of the goals against Jamaica were from open play.
mav

14th Jun 06 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were they? canna mind
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
were they? canna mind

from what I can remember...Lampards wasnt, Beckhams OG was, Crouch from corner, Owens wasnt, Crouchs 2nd wasnt and neither was his last.
antonOO2

14th Jun 06 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav

yeh pretty much what i was trying to say.
Hammer

14th Jun 06 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mav
were they? canna mind

from what I can remember...Lampards wasnt, Beckhams OG was, Crouch from corner, Owens wasnt, Crouchs 2nd wasnt and neither was his last.

he said 5 of the last 7 and no1 has picked up on it being wrong so i assume with each of the goals the passage of play began with a set piece, which kinda leaves quite a big scope
antonOO2

14th Jun 06 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does this mean im not silly sxi04

[Edited on 14-06-2006 by antonOO2]
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

11 mins: GOAL! A long ball up field from Robinson is headed on by Crouch. Owen finds Lampard and the Chelsea midfielder fires home! 1-0 to England.

14 mins: GOAL! Beckham's inswinging free-kick is headed past his own goalkeeper by Taylor! 2-0 to England.

29 mins: GOAL! It's turning into a rout! Crouch's header after a Beckham corner is deflected past his own goalkeeper by Daley. Crouch's goal or an OG? 3-0 to England.

31 mins: GOAL! Owen runs onto a long ball from Ferdinand, goes past the goalkeeper and converts into an empty net. 4-0 to England. Terry has gone off with a hamstring injury so it's not all good news for Eriksson. Campbell is on.

66 mins: GOAL! Beckham finds Carragher down the right and the Liverpool defender crosses for Crouch to knock in from close range. 5-0 to England.

89 mins: GOAL! Crouch atones for his error as he curls into the bottom corner after receiving the ball from Owen. 6-0 to England.

And then the OG the other day. They were the last 7 goals.
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sxi04
he said 5 of the last 7 and no1 has picked up on it being wrong so i assume with each of the goals the passage of play began with a set piece, which kinda leaves quite a big scope

By from set pieces I would guess that means directly in, deflected for an OG, or knocked in by someone on the same team.

If he is going back to '40 passes ago there was a freekick' then yeah, ALL our goals ever were from set pieces.

[Edited on 14-06-2006 by Cosmo]
mav

15th Jun 06 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
11 mins: GOAL! A long ball up field from Robinson is headed on by Crouch. Owen finds Lampard and the Chelsea midfielder fires home! 1-0 to England.

14 mins: GOAL! Beckham's inswinging free-kick is headed past his own goalkeeper by Taylor! 2-0 to England.

29 mins: GOAL! It's turning into a rout! Crouch's header after a Beckham corner is deflected past his own goalkeeper by Daley. Crouch's goal or an OG? 3-0 to England.

31 mins: GOAL! Owen runs onto a long ball from Ferdinand, goes past the goalkeeper and converts into an empty net. 4-0 to England. Terry has gone off with a hamstring injury so it's not all good news for Eriksson. Campbell is on.

66 mins: GOAL! Beckham finds Carragher down the right and the Liverpool defender crosses for Crouch to knock in from close range. 5-0 to England.

89 mins: GOAL! Crouch atones for his error as he curls into the bottom corner after receiving the ball from Owen. 6-0 to England.

And then the OG the other day. They were the last 7 goals.

so he really was talking crap then

to be included as scoring from set play i assume set play taken then no more than say 2 passes/headers etc..
Cosmo

15th Jun 06 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah was talking shite. I make it 3 from 7 came from set pieces. Two free kicks and one corner.

Still dont see what difference it makes, as a goal is a goal no matter how its scored and will win us a game just as well as one where a player takes on all 11 of the opposition and puts it over the line with his ball sack.
mav

15th Jun 06 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true..

we know this in scotland
Russ

15th Jun 06 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mav

yeh pretty much what i was trying to say.
thats nothing like what you said
Tom

15th Jun 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem we have is our fans, bit of belief especially in these games

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Trinadad and Tobasco manager.. 23 database queries in 0.0152421 seconds