corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Sunroof conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Sunroof conversion
Dom

User status: Offline
   27th May 06 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some quick questions on this, from what i gather i can use the motor from a Cav/Astra/Vectra/Omega (one touch etc) but the housing has to be from either an Astra (pref. Mk3) or a Vectra?

Also from searching, the astra mk3 housing is the closest colour match for corsas - anyone know the vaux part number for them?

cheers guys
flash22

27th May 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the related threads below also do a search using my user name

the only prob with the mk3 astra one is vx need a trim code to match it

the vectra b one is an execlent match colour wise and fits well with a few mods
flash22

27th May 06 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=267401

and

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=267401

[Edited on 27-05-2006 by flash22]
flash22

27th May 06 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a quick look on flea bay and there are a few kits on there

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=vectra+sunroof&category0=

ps. the sunroof motors from vx are £260 +vat and the switches are around £15 + and the trim is £7 or so new

[Edited on 27-05-2006 by flash22]
Dom

27th May 06 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea been searching around CS and keeping an eye on ebay, but i take it omega and cav surrounds definitely do not fit? How do you go about using one touch? Do you need to use the rotary switch that is on omega surrounds or can the simple push switch buttons (found on vectra/astra surrounds) work?

Also, how would i go about getting the trim code if i wanted to get an Astra Mk3 surrounds for vaux? Take it, it isnt easy?

Cheers for the link though with mod'ed vectra surround, seems to be probably the easiest and cheapest method

[Edited on 27-05-2006 by Dom]
flash22

27th May 06 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the omega ones can be a bit tricky to fit as the switch is built in to the motor housing if you go for the vectra 1 it has closure built in so any good alarm/remote central locking unit will control it (must have comfort closing or a >35 sec pulse)

the only motor to have one touch is the omega one but some of the high end vectras have it aswell for the sake of 2-10 sec to hold a button its not worth the agro

there is a mod tho for one touch control but cant remeber where i see it

New Poll