corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine whine ?? what could it be ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine whine ?? what could it be ??
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th May 06 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My engine tends to develop a whine once its up to temperature from the cambelt end of the engine. Not quite sure what it is as it only happens sometimes when the car is at 90 degrees +.

The whine increases in pitch when the engine is revved, which suggests its to do with something being driven by the engine, but what could it be ??

oh and the cambelt was changed at 47800 and the car is on 65400 now..

Cheers

Mase
Adam_B

20th May 06 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alternator, ps or air con belt?
Mase
Premium Member

20th May 06 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it hasn't got power steering, but i did consider the alternator, but i've got as close to it as i could while the engine was running and it didn't seem to be coming from there ??

Mase
Adam_B

20th May 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 16v? could be cambelt tensioner as well. would need to have the belt cover off with the engine running to see tho.
Mase
Premium Member

20th May 06 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its the 16v.
well i've just checked all my recipts and found the one for the cambelt and it looks as if just the belt has been changed. Do you reckon i should get it done again with the tensioners and water pump ??

Mase
Joe

20th May 06 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the alternator belt off see if it still does it?
Joe

20th May 06 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the rollers should always be changed with the belt, water pump should be changed if its nackered. Or just do it anyway for peace of mind.
Mase
Premium Member

20th May 06 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you reckon that could be the cause of the whine, because i've done a search and it seems like it should be a rattle/clicking noise when the tensioners and water pump are on their way out ??

Mase
Joe

20th May 06 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it usually is, try taking the alternator belt off. and see if it still does it
Mase
Premium Member

20th May 06 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, i'll have a play about, cheers !!

Mase
Scotty C

20th May 06 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did this, it was cambelt tensioners

New Poll