corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First bikes

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First bikes
Ry_B
Banned

User status: Offline
14th May 06 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lil_John
As long as your sensible, but i bet you end up missing the comy car and heat in the winter or even before.

Never thought of that. Hmm decisions decsisions
allza

14th May 06 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had an rs125 aprilia and they're great bikes and wont be too much for a beginner. They are very quick for what they are and are light so easy to handle. Being a two stroke engine tho they need a bit of looking after especially when they rev to 12000rpm. Only 33bhp but can see 0-60 in 6-7 secs and good for 100mph. I'd definatly recomend them, one of the most fun bikes to ride. Piston rings are needed every 10000km tho but are easily replaced.
corsasport110

14th May 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a 125 mate got one myself good fun and then go for bigger one later if u like and u only need a cbt to ride a 125 and to insure is only £120 for the year and only use about £10 every two week on petrol
Sam 1.6sport

14th May 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a vfr 400, great bike. There just about rite for the road, not too fast but handle great. Can keep up with any other bike on a twisty road and still good for around 140mph.
Mark Petty

14th May 06 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Suzuki GSF600, it does 0-60 in about 4.1 seconds.
Its my first big bike I had a 125 before, trust me you will get bored of a 125 especially having L plates on
Graeme
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends if you want to take a test or not, if not then a 125 will do but u could get a bit bored after a while unless its an RS125 as they still can go well!

as for if you want do your test a 400 bike like a CBR are very good starters or something like a suzuki SV650 are very good first bikes!

there are many different styl;es so which ever you prefer, do your test then try them out!

and also bikes can be dangerous but so can cars, most crashes with bikes happen involving cars so you just have to be so much more vigilant, i have lost count the amount of cars that have pulled out in front of me its stupid!

treat the road with great respect and dont go over your own limits even if you want to keep up with a mate!
big eck

14th May 06 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any 400cc bike is a good first bike, you can restrict them to 33hp and take it out when you feel confident.

Personally i'd go for the VFR NC30 or the RVF NC35 by the latter is a bit more expensive
Sandsy

14th May 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 50cc aprillia rs, for two wekes brand spanking new 2 and a half grand bike, comeing away from secondary school minding my own buisness, i was passing a junction and a old twat in an audi a3 turned straight onto me, i hit his bonnet,busted my leg and arm, now paying the price due to some tosser who was paying no attention

in all means mate get a bike, but make sure you are very carefull and have your witts about you

good luck mate

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First bikes 22 database queries in 0.0096800 seconds