corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » immobiliser issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author immobiliser issues
markygfaebburn

User status: Offline
10th May 06 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeterday, my car wouldn't start so got the aa out & they said it wiz the immobilser as the light wiz flashing, the engine would start to fire up but wouldn't get that final kick. anyway, got it started but when cut the engine off & took key out, engine still ran!! had to stall car to cut it off

then today, it wouldnt start again & got the aa out, again & the guy sed the car wizny reading my key... could i get a new key or do i need a whole new immobilser or what?? cant move car to take it anywhere!!!!!!
supermike

10th May 06 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure but on the earlier corsa's the immobilser is built into the ecu and there is a transponder chip in ur key and on ur igniton barrel, so i suppose u cud either get a replacement ecu and transponder chips from the likes of vauxhall or a vauxhall breaker. Or try and order a transponder chip from vauxhall its self. if the immobiliser isnt reconising ur key surely the car wudnt have started??? Maybe its an ecu fault, since ur car kept running??? i kno in my corsa(1998) the immobiliser shares the same warning light as the ecu does. i would take it to vauxhall if u can to get it checked. good luck
markygfaebburn

10th May 06 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the aa guy sed something about the transponder but didnt know what that was!

its got a clifford alarm on it but when press button to open doors or turn alarm off, it isnt working but it is sending a signal

whatever is making it not work, has drained my battery! i have door solenoids & couldnt get in coz battery had died! had to get aa to break in!

also, one of the relays were tickin (relay 11, whatever that does) so don't know if that has anything to do with it?

HELP!!!
supermike

10th May 06 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im affraid i cant help you there dude, as soon as when it comes to relays i aint got a chuffing clue, i too have a clifford alarm but the factory immobiliser still is active as far as im aware
markygfaebburn

10th May 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think its anythin 2 do wi the alarm, think it wiz just dain that coz battery wiz dead.

my pals got a corsa c, sed should maybe get a new key, his ma got a new immobilser key for her astra & wiz sound

just dunno y relay wiz ticking..?
markygfaebburn

14th May 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

New Poll