corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Misfiring on 1 cylinder xe on carbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Misfiring on 1 cylinder xe on carbs
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th May 06 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car runs

But it seems to be running on 3 cylinders, and I'm pretty sure its number 2 cylinder thats not firing. What could be the cause of this?

I was thinking it was ignition timing but If the ignition timing was out would this not effect all the cylinders?

I'm gonna clean out the jets on that carb to see if that makes a difference although i'm sure theres fuel getting through.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Adam-D

7th May 06 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lee got it goin then?

try dizzy cap, rotor arm, that lead and plug?
lee mitchell

7th May 06 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sparks on that cylinder so is none of that by the looks of it. may be the plug thou as we never took that out. didnt get it running on ur set up thou. as couldnt get it to spark so its running off a different coil. flames well thou out of the trumpets
Adam-D

7th May 06 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get in

sticky valve? making it lose a bit of compession?

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

7th May 06 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, i'm hoping its not a compression problem. The heads been fully rebuilt so there shouldn't be any problems but i'll test compression anyway. I'll do some tests a bit later and see how things go

But the flames are

Corsa C Z20Let

broster
Premium Member

7th May 06 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you didnt remove the plug??? surely thats the first thing to do when its not firing on a certain cylinder!

get it set up as soon as really IMO
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

7th May 06 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All good now. Runs well and sounds well gd. Dying to drive it, just gotta wait for the throttle cable and gear linkage

Corsa C Z20Let

corsapaul16v

7th May 06 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im having the same problem with my xe on throttle bods, it isnt running on all 4 cylindersthe only 1 that it seems to be running well on is no 1. when its running it missfires like a cunt but when u unplug the ht and injector plug off no 1 the car sort it self out.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

7th May 06 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like an ignition timing fault. Trouble is yours is all computer controlled..? mine u just twist the dizzy cap

Corsa C Z20Let

Rileysport

8th May 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just need my filters and pressure regulator ... then i'm running
J100RSA

8th May 06 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it may spark but has it got a paulty lead of plug may not be sparking when its got a load on it id check resistance of leads throw a plug in and may be try a dizzy cap to definatly eliminate them also you can try a peice of hose pipe and listen to the pluse of the carb down the trumpet and fault find like that too

New Poll