corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Donnas corsa

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Donnas corsa
stuartmitchell

User status: Offline
3rd May 06 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Choose life, chosse not to choose life, choose the internet
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

3rd May 06 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Donnas Corsa still has to be 1 of the best corsa's ever built.
The interior is AMAZING!!! Colour, everything just works. Also its still together not like most show cars, was done properly.

Hope to see it at some shows soon
Jambo

3rd May 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not you fella , i know we had a disagreement a few months back, but i don't know you to dislike you?

I'll tell Don you said that, shes a girl, she still loves compliments Cheers (what women doesn't )

No worries chap, be interested to see it when it emerges again, and awesome purchase BTW i saw the mig thread
Tom

3rd May 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought an astra vxr by any chance?

Have you still got the corsa then or is it just donna who kept hers?
Daimo B

3rd May 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Bought an astra vxr by any chance?

Have you still got the corsa then or is it just donna who kept hers?

Quite possibly Maybe in blue as well

We've got both cars still, but the plan is to keep D5 indefinatly, get D4 show-worthy (not been started since Feb 2005), featured, then either strip it for parts or sell it whole....

I don't really want to, but we've only got a double garage, and 3 cars, and a bike...... No room at the Inn

Jambo, cheers. We were going for the CDTi 150 SRi Astra, but with all the toys and extra (XP kit, 18"s etc) it worked out to be only a few quid less than the VXR. We went to see D's brother to have a nose at the CDTi (fuel economy) and a VXR was down there too. Looking at the together and taking them out, it really was no contest.

[Edited on 03-05-2006 by VXR]
loo_goblin

3rd May 06 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jambo is a goth
3CorsaMeal

3rd May 06 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you all damn crazy
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 06 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New accounts are approved by any mod, your old account needed me to go in to the database and put an email address back on there so that the password could be reset, bigger job.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd May 06 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian for mod
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 06 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I get to delete that crap that Ross thinks is funny.
Jonny P

3rd May 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Sam
Premium Member

3rd May 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
ask him if he has a 1.2 8v sxi

I would, but he might remind me of the bandwagon I've apparently jumped on.
stuartmitchell

3rd May 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny P
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Lmao
vibrio
Banned

3rd May 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Joff thought so too

and I feel like I have been singled out here IMHO.

[Edited on 03-05-2006 by vibrio]
Nath

3rd May 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Its VXR surely?

Bow down to me.
Daimo B

4th May 06 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8v SXi, funny, saw another one the other day

Ian, not exactly a big job though is it searching through a database.. It doesn't take 4 days.......

No bother, i've got this one now anyway thanks.

PS, BRYON wins the username challange
BYRON

4th May 06 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
1.2 8v SXi, funny, saw another one the other day

Ian, not exactly a big job though is it searching through a database.. It doesn't take 4 days.......

No bother, i've got this one now anyway thanks.

PS, BRYON wins the username challange

Call me ColumboAlthough my names Byron
scriv

4th May 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey damio long time no see cant see what everyones problem with u is ive always got on well with you might see u at pvs if i get my car finshed
Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 06 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
No indeed not, I mailed you back, then the next time I had five minutes to actually do it (May in a college - busy), you had re-registered.

I can do it if you wish, although now I really should remove this account and merge the posts, which is twice the job, and which will prevent me from doing some stuff thats got to be done by 9am tomorrow, but I don't mind giving you 10 minutes when I have it. The other day I didn't.
DBenson

5th May 06 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davcohen
yea but she took that twin engined nova didnt she, so atleast it goes well and she knows how to put the power down

For the record mate- the twin engined Nova had driveshaft problems hence why she beat it, just so your facts are straight
DBenson

5th May 06 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Iles
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by ed
For such a talked about car I think the styling of the exterior could be a lot better.

This was the last of the outrageous modified Corsas that actually looked any good.

Do you not think it's starting to look date now though??

I totally agree with your comments btw, just feel it needs a bit of a refresh??

It wasn't even THAT OUTRAGEOUS though was it, I mean it had everything on it for a corsa all but the sideskirts, side repeaters and paxo rear spoiler. Apart from the colour it doesn't IMO stand out at all. And it is dated. Sufficiently so it doesn't see the light of day or get driven daily...

[Edited on 05-05-2006 by DBenson]

quote:
Originally posted by chumbly_warner
I think Donnas Corsa still has to be 1 of the best corsa's ever built.
The interior is AMAZING!!! Colour, everything just works. Also its still together not like most show cars, was done properly.

Hope to see it at some shows soon

Which is why the interior is pinky-red and cream and the exterior of the car is purple

Daimo B

5th May 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scriv
hey damio long time no see cant see what everyones problem with u is ive always got on well with you might see u at pvs if i get my car finshed

oi oi fella, hows tricks. You still got that red corsa with the porkie wheels on it?? MOFO If not, give them to me..

Daimo B

5th May 06 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Do you not think it's starting to look date now though??

It wasn't even THAT OUTRAGEOUS though was it, I mean it had everything on it for a corsa all but the sideskirts, side repeaters and paxo rear spoiler. Apart from the colour it doesn't IMO stand out at all. And it is dated. Sufficiently so it doesn't see the light of day or get driven daily...

Which is why the interior is pinky-red and cream and the exterior of the car is purple

Firslty, Donnas first ever run up santa pod, and the Boost BEast pulls up next to her giving her the "big un" as if to say your so going to loose..... He popped the driveshaft, still, "winnings winning" and all that hollywood poop

http://images6.fotki.com/v82/photos/4/48802/198779/DSC00222-vi.jpg

It was never designed to be outragous. Its designed for Donna, no-one else. Every trophey shes won, every show shes won, shes never entered, she done her car because she loves it. Judges just come round and enter the car in.... She just used to get calls from certain people saying "come back to your car, you've won such n such"

You don't need to be different to get a good combination to work. I know of many cars that have had "one off" mods that simply don't go together. Prime example......... (IMO, awful, absolutly awful )

Donna has a good brain on her. TBH, most girls seem to produce better show cars than blokes anyway. Whilst i respect your own opinion, theres a few parts you have in-correct.

The interior isn't pinky red?? Its cranberry and vanilla ... Doesn't look red at all in this? Its pink through and through.

And the best part, it STINKS of leather every time you open the doors still. Modification wise, well, no other corsa had an interior like it. And to this day, there still isn't many cars that have been completed to a standard like this. Not many cars have 4 pots up front, rear discs, a 2.0 turbo, a complete leather interior, a complete ICE system with DVD stuff etc. There are a few "extreme" owners, but other than these people, top show cars are done by bodyshops and tuners...

"Sufficiently so it doesn't see the light of day or get driven daily... "

It doesn't need to. Why use a car every day on a motorway where stonechips and accidents happen frequently (her route to work is notorious for pile ups). Why take that risk with so much money and effort? Its not like buying an expensive car that can simply be replaced. It does see daylight, but as said, we have other priorities currently, we don't need to sell it, it has a very safe home, why ruin it??? It needs some welding done, and a few other issues sorted before its 100% again. Why drive it at 90% and risk further damage? Just because it doesn't attend all the shows anymore doesn't mean it doesn't get out. We live in Kent remember, you wouldn't see it?

It is dated, but then it was done from 2000-2003.... The modifying world changes yearly so of course its out of date... It wouldn't take much at all to bring it up to todays standards of modifying, but then, she doesn't care about that as mentioned. Its done for her, not other people.... I understand your not too keen on the paint, thats cool, as said, everyone has an opinion, but it does certainly stand out. Just drive through any town center or anywhere, there isn't anything like it, it sticks out like a white boy in a ghetto....

As im here, for those that are interested and do like the car, these clips were taken when they were last on teh road. Before the "whingers" come on saying whatever, its the first and only time the limiters been tapped... We just wanted to see how it pulled all the way to the redline, how much power it lost at top revs etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeg7y8h2zPk

This one was on the way back from Billing VBOA... Bear in mind my car is a 2.0 16v, has smaller wheels, a LOT less weight (even though mines 1 tonne). Test from 2nd gear..... Turbo's kick NA ass in a straight line...

http://media.putfile.com/D5nnA-whoop-ass2

Enjoy
vibrio
Banned

5th May 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Test from 2nd gear..... Turbo's kick NA ass in a straight line...

http://media.putfile.com/D5nnA-whoop-ass2

Enjoy

your statment is oh so flawed.

[Edited on 05-05-2006 by Ian]
Daimo B

11th May 06 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the context YOU are thinking of...

I can garantee it won't be what im thinking of

oh, sorry, your banned I was never banned? (stirs pot harder).

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Donnas corsa 22 database queries in 0.1980882 seconds