corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake lines... bias valve(s)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake lines... bias valve(s)
AK

User status: Offline
21st Apr 06 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having a dilema with the 205...

I need two compensators..... they are about 60 a pop.

What are peoples opinions on Ting the two rear lines to one single, running it through the car via a Bias Valve, then T'ing off the individiual pipes for each rear caliper?!

thoughts, and experiences?
ed

21st Apr 06 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on how the brakes are split... It could be a slightly bigger job than at first thought.

A lot of cars without ABS have thier brake circuits split n/s front to o/s rear and o/s front to n/s rear.

Would just meant you would have to piss about a little bit more with pipes and stuff...
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Apr 06 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure there's some safety reason why you can't just rely on one pipe for the whole of the back of the car.

Seems strange you need two compensators though, surely these should be available in a "stereo" type of arranagement?
lee mitchell

21st Apr 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont be tight. my mates running ap ones on every corner

[Edited on 21-04-2006 by lee mitchell]
Adam_B

21st Apr 06 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will be trying this soon, heres my progress so far -

SyKaTurbo

21st Apr 06 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how it works on the pug but the corsa only has two outlets on the master cylinder (one front and one back) these run to the bulkhead where they both split so the line tees off into two anyway (cross front and rear opposite sides, i think).

Im going to be running one line through the car, through a hydro handbrake and bias valve teeing in the rear compartment running to the rear disc conversion.

Mass produced cars use this method for safety because if one circuit fails you should still have one front and one back brake to balance the speed reduction. Its less essential on a well maintained looked after car where you would be aware of any potential problems.

[Edited on 21-04-2006 by SyKaTurbo]

New Poll