corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Big Crunch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Big Crunch
sport_rich

User status: Offline
19th Apr 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hit a big pot-hole last saturday. made a horrible crunch when it happened but seemed fine afterwards. sunday night came around and all of a sudden the car starts pullin to the left and loads of vibrations coming through the wheel.

got one of my mates to drive it up the road slowly so i could have a look at the outside.

anyways, the whole front left wheel is wobblin like buggery. i go to check the nuts and 3 are really loose so i tighten them up and it makes no difference, even tried it with the spare on instead of my good rims but same deal.

anyway ... had it recovered today after standing outside my grandads for 3nights. what do you reckon the damage is and how much am i gonna be lookin at paying? *cringe*

Cheers
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheel Bearing? Was there any smoke? Loud squeaking etc when your mate was driving it?

Buckled Rim?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Marc

20th Apr 06 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't be a buckled rim if the spare is doing it too.

Has it knocked the tracking out perhaps?
Cybermonkey

20th Apr 06 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the hub has taken a bashing.
Edd

20th Apr 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cv? track rod end?
sport_rich

24th Apr 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took it to garage the other day and told me the strut was bent badly.

took off the spare at home and couldn't see anythin obvious but thought it could perhaps be at the top or the inside.

ordered new strut anyway. should be here in a couple of days. garage said they needed the new strut to see if anythin else was wrong.

i thought it was the hub or bearings or even drive shaft trouble. rim seems fine cos the spare wobbles on it too.

hope its just the strut thats bent not hub and bearings aswell. don't fancy to much expence.

cheers for the info guys

reckon the gagrage is right about strut?

New Poll