corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is it wrong?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is it wrong?
Adam-D

User status: Offline
18th Apr 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if somone is sending payment for somthing.
but it hasnt arrived
and somone offers cash and can pay there and then
is it wrong to take the there and then option??

just im holding vairious bits for ppl and turning ppl down for stuff while waiting for payment.
i need this stuff gone asap to clear a garage space for a new car
Robin
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gimme a chance
Adam-D

18th Apr 06 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not you.
your waiting on me. getting a weight

no a user on here was after a linkage off me. same time just after another user offered to send me cash straight away
ive waited about 3 mebbe 5 days i know theres a bank holiday in there aswell but no money has got to me. so i said yes to the other guy and he has paid me.
so am gonna have to tell first guy and poss send cheque back aswell

feel kinda bad, but its the same in a shop aint it? first come first served?
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Apr 06 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but I would phone up and find out before waiting online wondering.
Robin
Premium Member

18th Apr 06 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first come first served wins it in my book
Jonny P

19th Apr 06 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
first come first served wins it in my book
Adam-D

19th Apr 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=108282&page=5

it appears first come first serverd, i have upset fad

fad and this other guy both u2u'd me at the same time, i had waited about 5 days iirc then the other guy was still asking for it so i let him have it.
all i can say is sorry mate he offered the asking price plus postage and you were getting it cheaper

as soon as you cheque turns up i will send it back recorded, i will not have off with your money.

again all i can say is sorry
ill buy you a drink at pvs or something, i know it wont fix your linkage but what can i do.?

[Edited on 19-04-2006 by Adam-D]
Adam-D

19th Apr 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and fad if you want
will a std linkage fit? and off what car??
if so ill go scrappy tomorow and see if i can source you one and send it free. then your car wont be broke and you will still have your cash?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the point fad was making is that you had a deal with him apparently, and this isnt any random CS user saying "yeah i'll send you the money", this is a user who has been registered on the site for a long time and is a known user, so he is less likely to fuck you about.

and yes you want to clear space in your garage but a short shift isnt exactly going to take up all the space in the world?
stubs

20th Apr 06 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a standard corsa linkage
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

till the money's in your account - the part still remains yours - I have to agree that first come first served - if the cash was in your hand - and the offer was higher - then Adam's not done anything wrong

on another note Willay - Adge has been a member for some time, was rated by a few members, always seemed okay and look at the thread involving him now!

Just because someones been a member for a while doesn't make them any less likely to mess you about ( I'm not saying Fad would have, but your argument is pointless)
Brett
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you'd agreed to sell it to him them you're a bit of a cunt
CCA

20th Apr 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is kinda wrong, you made an agreement and its not like the money/cheque hadnt been sent and if you wanted rid quickly you could have always sent it before the payment arrived.

Whats done is done though and you have offered to go look for one for him
mwg

20th Apr 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agreed to buy a GSi bumper last year off someone on Ebay and sent them the cheque then got it back a few days later saying that someone had turned up and given him cash for it there and then.

I was very pissed off at the time but if I was in his position I would of probably done the same TBH
willay
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
on another note Willay - Adge has been a member for some time, was rated by a few members, always seemed okay and look at the thread involving him now!

Just because someones been a member for a while doesn't make them any less likely to mess you about ( I'm not saying Fad would have, but your argument is pointless)

Sweetheart,

Adge is no way as established as Fad, he registered in 2004 where Fad registered in 2001.

My main point is that they had some sort of agreement where fad was going to send him the money and he was going to send him a linkage. Seems harsh to suddenly bail out on fad because someone offered the cash right away when you had a agreement with someone, doing business like that is gimpy.

[Edited on 20-04-2006 by willay]
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Until payment is received ( and in the case of a cheque - cashed) the vendor retains the rights to the item

Adam still owns the item, Adam still has the option to withdraw the item from sale, Adam has the right to sell to whoever he likes, Adam's property - Adams business regardless of the views of others!

Fad has not been left out of pocket, infact under duress Adam has offered to find another linkage for him at his own time and expense! he has apologised for any issues raised therein
5 days for a cheque to arrive is more than enough time; if it hadn't arrived by then, Adam has even more right to sell the item elsewhere

so Sweetheart, I disagree with you!

[Edited on 20-04-2006 by LiVe LeE]
Greg_M

20th Apr 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does my e-cheque count as payment recieved?
willay
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Until payment is received ( and in the case of a cheque - cashed) the vendor retains the rights to the item

Adam still owns the item, Adam still has the option to withdraw the item from sale, Adam has the right to sell to whoever he likes, Adam's property - Adams business regardless of the views of others!

Fad has not been left out of pocket, infact under duress Adam has offered to find another linkage for him at his own time and expense! he has apologised for any issues raised therein
5 days for a cheque to arrive is more than enough time; if it hadn't arrived by then, Adam has even more right to sell the item elsewhere

so Sweetheart, I disagree with you!

[Edited on 20-04-2006 by LiVe LeE]

quite right, but if you say its a deal and the cheque is a little late (it was a bank holiday ) then surely its considered harsh to just take teh cash from someone else and run?
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he'd run and not said anything leaving Fad still waiting to here back fair enough - but he informed Fad of the change early and before he received payment
willay
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm keeping to my guns, if you settle and agree to a price you should stick to it imho.
Fad

20th Apr 06 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
If you'd agreed to sell it to him them you're a bit of a cunt

Only just managed to get on after having the raving hump yesterday, I dont care what anyone says, if you agreee to sell something to someone and the deal is done then you should stick to your word.

Adam your a plain liar I was there first and if I wernt then why the fuck did you say you would sell it to me and send me the addy for payment.

I sold a Irmsher lip to Rus recently I was made an offer by him and a day later someone offered me £50 more, as I had agreed to sell it to Rus I kept to my word as a gentleman, even though I could of made another £50.

Live whats ever your name is, regardless of whether the item is his or not and whether I am out of pocket, would you run a business or try and make money by promising something then turning around and saying sorry somone offered me more money? I am not sorry about getting pissed off as there is a principle here.

I would recomend when do dealings with someone off here make sure you get contact details and actually contact the person to avoid the wasted time and effort I have had to deal with due to some ignorant fool.

Rant over
willay
Premium Member

20th Apr 06 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fad I guess people near to the M25 are just plain straight sailing. What is the world coming to?
Fad

20th Apr 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed
Rob_Lee
Banned

20th Apr 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you are a cunt...

PS Fad i love you
Adam-D

20th Apr 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing else i can say than what i already have.

i still dont know if i made the right or wrong decision.
i cant please everybody, all i can do is apolagise. nothing else i can do.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is it wrong? 22 database queries in 0.1231420 seconds