corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0 redtop or 1.6 on trottle boddies

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 redtop or 1.6 on trottle boddies
RKS

User status: Offline
5th Mar 06 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Krammy
SBD one's seem to be the best one about, i think a 2.0 on T/B will be too heavy on the front

lol it wont be any heavier than a 2.0 without TB's

lol @ this age old argument! each have there pros and cons tho,

for example, the 1.6 would handle much better but it would also cost more in the first place as said above with cams/management/settingup etc etc and it would also be a bitch to drive everyday and prob more prone to going wrong and use more petrol... but it is a 1.6 on TB's

a 2.0 wouldn't be too good at going round the twistys, but if it was standard it would be fairly reliable and wouldnt use a huge amount of petrol.

depends what you are after really... are you after a track car? an everyday car? a strip car? a car that would twat around on the weekends with?

whats the roads like where you live? twisty country lanes? or more built up and straighter roads?
Matt H

5th Mar 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't even be arsed to argue about this, there is no right or wrong answer. Apart from 7 omm, he must be on crack thus making him wrong.
RobHayes

5th Mar 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Rikki--
quote:
Originally posted by Krammy
SBD one's seem to be the best one about, i think a 2.0 on T/B will be too heavy on the front

lol it wont be any heavier than a 2.0 without TB's

lol @ this age old argument! each have there pros and cons tho,

for example, the 1.6 would handle much better but it would also cost more in the first place as said above with cams/management/settingup etc etc and it would also be a bitch to drive everyday and prob more prone to going wrong and use more petrol... but it is a 1.6 on TB's

a 2.0 wouldn't be too good at going round the twistys, but if it was standard it would be fairly reliable and wouldnt use a huge amount of petrol.

depends what you are after really... are you after a track car? an everyday car? a strip car? a car that would twat around on the weekends with?

whats the roads like where you live? twisty country lanes? or more built up and straighter roads?

without being an arsehole, have you ever driven either a TB'd 1.6 or a 2.0? apologies if you have, but i have owned a TB'd 1.6 and been in numerous 2.0's

a properly done 1.6 will be just as reliable as the 2.0, if properly set up will be just as good on fuel.
also, a properly done 2.0 (suspension etc) will handle just the same as a 1.6
as for cost, assuming you start with a 1.6 engine, the cost is about equal if done properly

there really is no arguement, its all down to personal preference
corsa120

5th Mar 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not arguing cant be arsed lol but heres my view i have owned a 1.4/1.6 and 2.0 which i currently have.

i do think 1.6 handles better but i really dont think it was enough to warrant not having the 2.0.

typically last sunday while attending northants meet i was following my m8 in his well handling saxo which those of u would have saw at meet, and he never left me threw the corners on the way so.......... but it does not mean its as good as saxo as i was probably fighting with steering more. each to there own.

putting 2.0 in for nice straight line speed is wrong though as i have no trouble making mine handle i really think ppl talk on blind judgement

i have owned my 2.0 for year now and bounced it off the limiter daily and it has not really put a foot wrong so they are bullet proof.

sometimes i find its not understeer its torque of the engine also....
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

5th Mar 06 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:

1.6 on throttle bodies is not a bitch to drive. its more responsive than standard. i drive mine 70 miles a day. extremely smooth

use more petrol??? no you are wrong again! my 170 bhp x16xe does 36 mpg and can get better than that on motorways,. better mpg than standard in fact. most 2 litre corsas get around 25-30 mpg.

reliability is better with throttle bodies as everything is manually adjustable. you can find electronic faults by using your laptop and there no silly electronics or sensors to go wrong every 5 mins. things like idle, cold start, fuel mixture etc... is all easy to set. compare this with everyone i know with a 2 litre corsa, they spend more time fixing the thing than driving them, mainly due to the engines being 13 years old and high milage.

Have you ever owned a 1.6 on tb's?

[Edited on 06-03-2006 by corsa808]
RobHayes

6th Mar 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
wow

a 2 litre vs tuned 1.6 thread only lasting 4 pages

anyone would think you enjoy arguing
cash_2_my_corsa

6th Mar 06 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rcb
A 1.6 on TB's will handle 10 times better.

has any 1 see this happen on a track??
RobHayes

6th Mar 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both driven by a PROPER driver, i seriously doubt there will be any difference whatsoever on a track.

Robin
Premium Member

6th Mar 06 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there would be little difference, the 2 litre would be quicker out of the bends due to the torque, but the 1.6 theoretically could carry more speed into the bends
RKS

6th Mar 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
quote:

quote:

1.6 on throttle bodies is not a bitch to drive. its more responsive than standard. i drive mine 70 miles a day. extremely smooth

use more petrol??? no you are wrong again! my 170 bhp x16xe does 36 mpg and can get better than that on motorways,. better mpg than standard in fact. most 2 litre corsas get around 25-30 mpg.

reliability is better with throttle bodies as everything is manually adjustable. you can find electronic faults by using your laptop and there no silly electronics or sensors to go wrong every 5 mins. things like idle, cold start, fuel mixture etc... is all easy to set. compare this with everyone i know with a 2 litre corsa, they spend more time fixing the thing than driving them, mainly due to the engines being 13 years old and high milage.

Have you ever owned a 1.6 on tb's?

[Edited on 06-03-2006 by corsa808]

I've got a 1.4 on TB's so was basing it upon that,

And dont get me wrong i'd much prefur a smaller 1.4 or 1.6 engine to a 2.0 16v
broster
Premium Member

6th Mar 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe there will, speak to people who know what they are on about, not people who sit and play on the internet and look at pictures all day and you shall realise there is a difference, even people who put 2ltrs in and race them! i know someone who has removed a c20xe out his nova and put a 1.6 16v in as he wants it to handle to the best it can
Robin
Premium Member

6th Mar 06 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i'm sorry, but a car that is 60kg lighter will handle better, there's no two ways about it, otherwise, colin chapman would have been building 2 tonne lotus elans.
mwg

6th Mar 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daily driver I'd have the 2.0

but it would have to be fully rebuilt
Adam_B

6th Mar 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60kg make a differnce, yes probably. But to a young lad in his everyday road car? doubt it.
Robin
Premium Member

6th Mar 06 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not gonna argue there adam, totally agree
corsa120

6th Mar 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true what u say mark ppl say things without even had been in either or least 1 of the cars we are talkin about even if they have its been as passenger not owned them for period of time.

i believe i have fair comparison as ive owned my xe for year and my mrs owns a 1.6 16v corsa (SEE CLASSIFIEDS LOL its FOR SALE) and i drive both regular. and yes there is difference in handling but not enough to make me think 1.6 is better, like ive always said i can make my xe go round corners i can make my mrs 1600 go round corners so...... question is can u drive.

also what is all this handling bollocks anyway the amount of times ive actually come accros some1 on tb'd 1.6 corsa is never so whats it matter and when i do come accross somat like saxo vts or somat they dont leave me so really this needs proving on trackday. these arguments are toatl waste of time.

1.6 is not better than 2.0 in same way 2.0 is not better than 1.6 both have ups an downs all i can do is give my view. xe never lets me down it goes round corners, revs like slag upto 7k and puts out good performance. guessing 1.6 has similar points
Robin
Premium Member

6th Mar 06 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, its just personal opinion at the end of the day carl, and i agree that they both have merits of their own
bubble

19th Mar 06 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use my xe corsa everyday. it doesnt go wrong much, and if it does i just fix it. handling is poo compared to when it were a 1.6 but u adapt to drive it differntly. it handles ok now though, thanks to some good suspension.
Mattss Corsa

19th Mar 06 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.0 with the ammount of trouble people have with 1600cc
Jamie Walby

19th Mar 06 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell, you're not still all going on about this are you?
Mattss Corsa

19th Mar 06 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And Youve just carried it on even more
Jamie Walby

19th Mar 06 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really, i wasnt getting involved with the 1.6 or 2.0 debate.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Mar 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattss Corsa
2.0 with the ammount of trouble people have with 1600cc

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

19th Mar 06 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
from searching...

a c20xe without F20 is around 125kg

so with box, aprox 170kg

not that much, weighed my c20xe with f20 and it was a total of 130kg

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Adam_B

19th Mar 06 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but alistairolsen got 190kgs in his thread

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0 redtop or 1.6 on trottle boddies 23 database queries in 0.0147491 seconds