corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Knocking from Rear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Knocking from Rear
Rich H

User status: Offline
27th Feb 06 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right aswell as my horn not working, I thought Id try and clear up this problem too!

My car has always knocked since the day I had it. Its done 127,500 miles, and was on original shocks and springs - Vauchall told me that was the problem. The knocking occurs when the I go over bumps, or the car has more than 3 people in it - it also scrubs too?

I have now replaced the standard shocks with newer GSi shocks, and -35mm GMAX springs, but still it bloody knocks!!! Has anybody else had this problem? We had a look yesterday for signs of things hitting other things, and scrub marks etc, but saw nowt?

Any help would be good. Cheers
abdus

27th Feb 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur backbox?
ed

27th Feb 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your exhaust is knocking on the rear beam. Time for new exhaust rubbers. Take it to an exhaust place, they will stick it up on the ramps and take a look for ya. Much easier than lying under it trying to see where it's banging. They will probably pop on some new rubbers for free too, my local place did
Rob_Corsa

27th Feb 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exhaust clamp on rear axel?
Rich H

27th Feb 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, barely moves and is the standard Pea shooter atm - so isnt that - pretty sure its to do with suspension somewhere along the line - Just not sure where!
Rich H

27th Feb 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, maybe Im wrong then! I wobbled that yesterday though, and it barely moved! Sounded further in the car than that tho?
ed

If it's lowered then it will be the exhaust.
Rich H

But it also did it before it was lowered?
ed

27th Feb 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hamman
Oh, maybe Im wrong then! I wobbled that yesterday though, and it barely moved! Sounded further in the car than that tho?
Yea, but it could still be the exhaust. Also, the exhaust runs along the whole car, it could be knocking anywhere.
Rich H

27th Feb 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True! So u reckon I need new rubbers? These cheap? If so, I'll get them done and see if that helps
corsa120

27th Feb 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude does it sound like ur goin over them white lines near junctions but not as loud???
Rich H

27th Feb 06 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh kind of, but actually they can be pretty loud sometimes
corsa120

27th Feb 06 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had same right after taking a lowering kit of the car and putting standard stuff back on

checked all bolts and generally anything loose nothing, only started once changed suspension, im changing rear dampers first then springs

heard could be spring chatter
Rich H

27th Feb 06 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm, ok will look into it - Will also look into new mounts for exhaust - A mates got a spare Poly one somwhere so will try that and see if that helps
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 06 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look on the side of the backbox for slight damage where its been hitting the rear beam. Could also be the bend over the beam. Size of the box matters but in you case it might not be fitted right also.

You should be able to see damage. Mine used to do it terribly with weight in the back because when its fairly low the trailing arm is basically next to the back box instead of being underneath it.

New Poll