corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROGRESS ON VX220, almost all done pics on page 5!!! WOW

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROGRESS ON VX220, almost all done pics on page 5!!! WOW
craig8
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Feb 06 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to go off topic but C4 WLK and Iaz, where do you normaly buy your flake from and how much would you normaly pay?

E36 328
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Feb 06 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never bought any im afraid so wouldnt know but House Of Kolour would do a very wide selection but i can see them being rather expensive!
FlamingCorsa

19th Feb 06 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
sorry to go off topic but C4 WLK and Iaz, where do you normaly buy your flake from and how much would you normaly pay?

do u mean flake?? metal flakes..... ebay have loads mate if thats wot u mean!!
FlamingCorsa

19th Feb 06 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
yeah nu-agane is my local paint supplier, was in there today actually, its in bedford!

Guy that owns it it think is very helpfull and knows his stuff!

wish i lived near them, they are so helpful and dont make me feel stupid when i ask silly questions!!!! they were big help when making the spray room also cos they advised us on some things!!!! top company!
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah help me alot aswell, even if they didnt have the polish i wanted today, will have to go get the stuff maybe from halfords 2morow or wait till monday so i can get it from mk paint.
FlamingCorsa

19th Feb 06 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah help me alot aswell, even if they didnt have the polish i wanted today, will have to go get the stuff maybe from halfords 2morow or wait till monday so i can get it from mk paint.

always been really fast to sort my orders out and normally get paint day after i ordered it......last time i ordered paint for VX had to wait to get strange tinter in to make the paints so waited bout 5days then painted the car and it was wrong colour...............gutted! vauxhall did yellow VX220s in 4HU and 4LU, i ordered the wrong one!!! quick call and they had the right on at my house the next day!

few days after they even emailed me checking the colour was ok!!!! thats good service!
craig8
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 01:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was just wanting to kow the general prices from different suppliers, bout flake on ebay before for really cheap and it was pretty good

turned out the paint suppliers near the college wanter £100 a tub for a similar effect from Rage

just gauging prices

E36 328
FlamingCorsa

19th Feb 06 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used ebay ones, £25 for 4 little bags, enought to do 2 cars so far for me!!! they seems good do excatly wot u want really!
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 01:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that yellow is a funny colour, did u do it in 2k basecoat?

if u ever want just a straight non metalic colour get a solid colour and spray with that as u just need to add hardener and its done, simple!

all the laquer is in it!
just another little bit of advise there, also u spraying jag corsa again?
craig8
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 01:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, when priming, are you using wet on wet coats for the paint straight after or are you letting it dry and rubbing it down

sorry for the amount of questions but im still learning a fair bit as i go along

E36 328
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 01:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wet on wet is normally just used for speed of things and wet on wet doesnt cover well so u cant cover repairs with it so ur best of just putting a bit of high build on it if u do have repairs and are doing small things!
FlamingCorsa

19th Feb 06 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah that yellow is a funny colour, did u do it in 2k basecoat?

if u ever want just a straight non metalic colour get a solid colour and spray with that as u just need to add hardener and its done, simple!

all the laquer is in it!
just another little bit of advise there, also u spraying jag corsa again?

yea it was basecoat........pearl colour also, yea 2k colours are nicer to paint!! done me black wheels and stuff in normal solid 2k black!!

i am thinking with jagcorsa when i put it for sale in the summer to include a re spray in the buys choice of colour in the price!!! then it becomes there car when they get it and i can sort cracks out before it goes! if i had chance i wud paint it now tho! just not got time!
FlamingCorsa

10th Apr 06 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MORE PROGRESS..................

been on holiday the last week, so was in scotland from sunday till thursday, got home and lowered mums car so it was ready for the road.........also got clear side reps and chrome grill, cost £3.7k in the end for EVERYTHING!!!! bargin little new fezzy, i want it but mum wont let me have it!!!

when coming home from holiday was planning to spend few days on JAGCORSA and get that on the road but then when i got home me new rear light had arived so descided to do VX
now on to wot u all been waiting for.........

THE VX JIGSAW PUZZLE!!!!!

sorted all the parts out for the that that we took apart 10months or so ago................VERY scary sight!!!!!!

all these bits in pics are for the VX!!!!

got rid of vaux badge in the V grill on front and it now black!!!

will put on more pics tonight when we are done for the day.........its looking STUNNING tho!!!

Martin_C

10th Apr 06 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too much time.

far too much.
slugger_54132

10th Apr 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck with the jigsaw!!
M6RKK

10th Apr 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iaz.... top stuff!

dunno how u manage to fit in all your work aswell as a full time job!

sum man !
Icy

10th Apr 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boyracer2002

10th Apr 06 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C
too much money.

far too much.
Gavin_G

10th Apr 06 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FlamingCorsa

10th Apr 06 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going well!!!!!!

fitted new break pipe yesterday and heater hose, also build the door up again, that took me 2-3hours to get right, still need to get one more bit for it!!!!

got the fan belt off today cos it needs replacing and wanna do it before we put the new clam on the back!!

break pipe was total nightmare to do, had to take so many parts off the front off car, break survo, all pipes, the heater hose is near impossable to change!!

if u were to need the heater hose replacing u wud need to........
take EVERYTHING of front and rear clams, take clams off, take sill off which is bonded on so u wud need new sill after, door off, break survo off, and windscreen surrond and sindscreen also which is bonded on etc!! wud be looking at easy few grand to change the heater hose, sooooooo badly designed!!!!

got sill back on today, front clam on, old rear clam on to line everything up with, door on and lined up, bonnet, front lights, splitters etc! looks amazing!!!

fingers crossed will get fan belt in morning and get that on, then will make the rear clam up and get that fitted, then just waiting on few more bits to come then should be done in few weeks time ready for summer!!!! cant wait now!!!

just gonna get few pics!!!
FlamingCorsa

10th Apr 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here are few quick pics, still up in the air at the min,

me gf just rang me cos she tried getting insurance for the VX!!!!

i got quote from elephant..... 23, 4years no claims, no crashes or points....... with mum on policy as named driver was 1370

kt, 21years old, 1 years no claims, 1 crash to her name!! with me as named driver and its just over a grand!!!!!!!

gutted, she is few years younger with more crashed and less no claims but get cheaper insurance!!!!! WOT

also she been quoted 700 notes for 1.6 tigra from same comany........extra £300 and she has car insured with 2 times power and worth 8 times a much!!! shocking!!!!!!!
Joe

10th Apr 06 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good matey, bet you cant wait to get it finished.
Jamie

10th Apr 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Iaz - love it as usual
Liam

10th Apr 06 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks amazing as per usual
antscorsa

10th Apr 06 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that mesh black?
car looks superb iaz

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROGRESS ON VX220, almost all done pics on page 5!!! WOW 24 database queries in 0.0167840 seconds