corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROGRESS ON VX220, almost all done pics on page 5!!! WOW

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROGRESS ON VX220, almost all done pics on page 5!!! WOW
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Feb 06 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks gd and dnt worry bout the orange peel as that will polish up nice with sum G3, Would advise though to only put 2 coats of laquer on and it wouldnt be so orange peeley!

i tend to just do one light gripper coat lets that flash off for 3mins and then a full wet coat and flows out nice!

wot laquer are u using and what fliud tip in ur gun?
Rich H

17th Feb 06 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the expantion Iaz Looks like your doing a top job! And bagged yourself a bit of a bargain by being prepared to do some hard graft!
Red_SXi

17th Feb 06 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lookin good bruv
Sam
Premium Member

17th Feb 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fancy respraying my Astra?
Adam-D

17th Feb 06 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top work
FlamingCorsa

17th Feb 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
looks gd and dnt worry bout the orange peel as that will polish up nice with sum G3, Would advise though to only put 2 coats of laquer on and it wouldnt be so orange peeley!

i tend to just do one light gripper coat lets that flash off for 3mins and then a full wet coat and flows out nice!

wot laquer are u using and what fliud tip in ur gun?

to be honest the shine looked good with 2 coats of laquer, but thought wud give it one more and think i had let it flash off for to long so shine was no betta with 3rd coat like u say!

using 2k Hs laquer, and 1.4 mm tip, just standard one on the gun!

i did light coat, then thick coat, then another think coat, then another one! got little excited on the laquering maybe..........hehe

thanx for your advice tho really appricate it learning alot from u! wish u lived nearer then u could come and show me wot i should be doing.....
FlamingCorsa

17th Feb 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hamman
Cheers for the expantion Iaz Looks like your doing a top job! And bagged yourself a bit of a bargain by being prepared to do some hard graft!

wud have been betta if i did the car when i got it, could have made nice little profit then!!! still only way i wud have ever be able to afford 04 plate VX with 4.5k miles on clock with extras also!
Red_SXi

17th Feb 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry about putting more lacquer on mate, bodyshops normally do catch coat---->light coat----->heavy coat------>heavy final coat

The more lacquer the better really, because you can flat it down so its completely smooth without fear or going through to basecoat
Benn

17th Feb 06 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks well done,
paint looks very flat and even,
looks like it will look good,
FlamingCorsa

17th Feb 06 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got insurance quote for me, brother(26) mum and dad for £1382.00

cheap i think for a car thats worth so much and insurance group 20!!!!!!

if i get quote on my own with no named drivers its just under £1800
Graeme
Premium Member

17th Feb 06 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_SXi
Dont worry about putting more lacquer on mate, bodyshops normally do catch coat---->light coat----->heavy coat------>heavy final coat

The more lacquer the better really, because you can flat it down so its completely smooth without fear or going through to basecoat

ive never done it like this!
a gripper coat and a full coat always comes out nice and if ur not stupid and just use 1500 wet then u shouldnt go through to the basecoat tbh!
And even if u do u can always just blow it in!

which i also lived near u so i could use ur spray booth mate!!
FlamingCorsa

17th Feb 06 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Red_SXi

ive never done it like this!
a gripper coat and a full coat always comes out nice and if ur not stupid and just use 1500 wet then u shouldnt go through to the basecoat tbh!
And even if u do u can always just blow it in!

which i also lived near u so i could use ur spray booth mate!!

yea defo, i have not tried messing with blowing in yet, just dont think i wud match the old layer and new up well!!!!

blowing in and flatting back/poliching are the 2 things i wud really like help/teaching on doing! pretty confident ish at the rest! iaz
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Feb 06 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u got a flatting block?
FlamingCorsa

18th Feb 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
have u got a flatting block?

wot u mean by flatting block??? i spoke to the place i get paint from and they were saying i wud get good results from using some 2000 grit on me da sander then polish it up after with g3 i think?? he just said gotta be careful on edges with the da
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Feb 06 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah u can do that but a wet flatting block is basically a blosk of rubber that u hook the wet flat into and can do little bits on it u dont need to do it all!

also to get a gd finish after u have mopped it all up then u could use sum ultra cutting cream on a different type mop head and that can take swirls out if u have any from the G3 and mop.

Are u getting ur paint from NU-AGANE?
craig8
Premium Member

18th Feb 06 at 00:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa

using 2k Hs laquer, and 1.4 mm tip, just standard one on the gun!

try using a 1.2 tip

i would give it a light mist coat and leave for about 5 mins then give it a wet coat, leave that for about 15 mins and another wet coat

E36 328
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Feb 06 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no 1.4 is fine, especially for a 2k laquer.
and trust me 2 coats is more than enough!
craig8
Premium Member

18th Feb 06 at 01:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefered using the 1.2 on my gun to the 1.4 on the colleges gun for 2k laquer

maybe just personal preferance but seemed to leave a smoother finnish

E36 328
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Feb 06 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its all about what you feel best with but as a starter i would say 1.4 is fine!
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

18th Feb 06 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great, i wana start a bit of spraying, i have all the compressor and gun but where can i buy some paints?
Dave M

18th Feb 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a place on bluebell hill marc what sells all the paint
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

18th Feb 06 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, u2u me where abouts mate
FlamingCorsa

18th Feb 06 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah u can do that but a wet flatting block is basically a blosk of rubber that u hook the wet flat into and can do little bits on it u dont need to do it all!

also to get a gd finish after u have mopped it all up then u could use sum ultra cutting cream on a different type mop head and that can take swirls out if u have any from the G3 and mop.

Are u getting ur paint from NU-AGANE?

yea get me paint from them, so much friendler than my local place and still cheaper even with deliverey etc!! just find it best to use local place and pay more when i need colour match on paint!

do u know them? nu-agane?
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Feb 06 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah nu-agane is my local paint supplier, was in there today actually, its in bedford!

Guy that owns it it think is very helpfull and knows his stuff!
Wrighty

18th Feb 06 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

said it before,il say it again

iaz,you are the man

keep it up

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROGRESS ON VX220, almost all done pics on page 5!!! WOW 24 database queries in 0.1066451 seconds