corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Heated leather seats

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heated leather seats
Planty02

User status: Offline
7th Feb 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently fitted some leather seats to my corsa and I'm wanting to wire the heating pads. I have seen a thread on mig saying that there are no relays involved.

Does this mean that i could simply wire the live wire to a power source (eg back of fag lighter) and the earth wire to an earth and use a switch and a fuse in the wire.

Just wondering if this would be any easier than taking the seats out again and taking all the trim out to check if the plugs are under the carpet (just seems like a waste of time if they arent there)

Anyone got any thoughts on this with regards to if it will work and will it be safe (i presume that using a fuse would make it safe??)

[Edited on 07-02-2006 by Planty02]
50Calibre

8th Feb 06 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm im not too sure but i would imagine that the heating pads would draw a lot of current. so using a high gauge wire and connecting straight to the battery rather than running it on the fag light may be better, then use an inline fuse on the live and then either a switch or relay to a switch on the dash (like using a air con switch for a corsa)
Planty02

8th Feb 06 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK cheers mate - Would it be ok to take power from the power cable to my amp or will this draw too much power from it? The cable comes directly from the battery and has an inline fuse already
50Calibre

8th Feb 06 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh im not too sure.. but depending on the needs of the heaters it could drop the levels being supplied to the amp to a level lower than it needs... to be safe i would use a seperate source

it wouldnt be too hard to add 2 other wires to the battery for you to use for the seats.. it would also make it easier to find any problems that may arise at a later state
mwg

9th Feb 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my mate put heated leather seats out of a Calibra into his Corsa the wires for the heated seats were allready there under the carpet so he just plugged them in. Then he bought a new panel from Germany for the pollen filter control surround that had switches built in and wired them up and now has heated seats
Rileysport

9th Feb 06 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ as above, wires may be taped up near the handbrake area
Planty02

9th Feb 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will it be alot of hassle to get the carpet up tho?

Seems a waste of time if they aint there
mwg

9th Feb 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be taking the seats out to change them anyway so once you have the front seats out all you need to do is literally lift the carpet up to see if the wires are there!

[Edited on 09-02-2006 by Matty G]
Planty02

10th Feb 06 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The seats are already in but i didnt have time to take the carpet up when i done them - I just had to put them in to get them out of the way

New Poll