corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » equal length driveshafts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author equal length driveshafts
alistairolsen

User status: Offline
26th Jan 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is anyone on here running the equal length shafts from a claibra? Did they fit straight on at full length, or did you have them shortened?
starkie

26th Jan 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they fit no probs mate have them on my corsa (finally given up on the nova's then)
alistairolsen

26th Jan 06 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate, still got the nova, got that head on eventually to great effect. Yet to get RR, but reckoning on 95ish. makes for a good laugh down b roads. Im living in glasgow at the moment and ned a car I can park anywhere hence white merit spec with steelies!

Just want to make it as good as I can, and my donor is a 16v cally, which im told should have equal length shafts, will check at weekend. im just curious how they fit given the corsa is a lot narower than the calibra!

Did you just remoive them from donor and fit straight on with the same cvs etc?

Did you notice any improvement?
ed

26th Jan 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, the only driveshaft you need that's shorter is the short driveshaft... Apparently...

You would use the whole assembly from the Calibra. I never bothered trying with my 2.0 though so can't tell you if it's any better.
alistairolsen

26th Jan 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you mean the short drivehsaft needs to be shorter? i was told astra gte shafts could be used? s presumerably an astra short shaft and cally long shft would be ok?

New Poll