corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE Corsa Overheating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Corsa Overheating
Super_Shaun

User status: Offline
25th Jan 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had my corsa 20XE only a few days,
Ive noticed that it takes an age to warm up according to the temp gauge on the dash, it sits below 90 for about 15mins. After that she'll sit @ 90 as long as shes moving but as soon as Ive been in traffic for more than 5mins (either stop start or dead traffic) the temp gauge rises rapidly to 100.
I then wack the heters on in the car to reduce the temp.
I dont fancy doing this all the time and also having to keep an eye on the Temp gauge.
Does any one have a few suggestions why shes getting to hot and ideas on how to cool her??(The waters to recomended levels)
Also what is everybodys normal running temp for a 20XE??

Its using a 1.4gls Rad (1996) I flicked through the latest Total Vauxhall mag and it said the 1.4 or the 1.6 Rad would be good enough for the job.
Shaun
Ant

25th Jan 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine runs just over 90 in traffic it will go up to nearly 100 before the fan kicks in and cools it down to 96 ish,

You can get cool running thermostats and fan switches that kick in at a lower temperature if your worried try www.v-tuning.com or www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk
shane2corsa

25th Jan 06 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would recommend a cool run thermostat t anyone, my m8's corsa never goes over 90deg now with one!
starkie

26th Jan 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire a switch to your fan so you can switch it on if needed but if it doesnt go past 100 degrees dont worry about it wouldnt use lower thermostat just use standard one
Rileysport

26th Jan 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all corsas shoot upto about 100 degrees in traffic then fan kicks in, think of how small a scale the gauge shows
scooby80uk

26th Jan 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a 1.5TD radiator on mine and have no problems
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Jan 06 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's about right. Think the fan was on or had just switched off when I took that.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll