corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » solid / adjustable top suspension mounts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author solid / adjustable top suspension mounts
Ant

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 06 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im runnig FK coilovers, worth getting some adjustables to help with the usual camber set up issues.

Any thoughts??
a_j_mair

23rd Jan 06 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont lower it as much, will let the suspension travel better ak work better and will not effect the camber as much
broster
Premium Member

23rd Jan 06 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have adjustable top mounts ,new and unused, complete with all the bits ,willing to sell for £75 paid 100 for them off ebay
Ant

23rd Jan 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine anit to low but by nature of the way the shocks fit you need to set the camber up, just wondering if tops mount would make it easier any pics of yours broster?
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 06 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not got pics of them ill get some today for you
Ant

24th Jan 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers broster.

Anybody actually used these did muppetsport not get some???
come to think of it where has muppetsport gone?
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 06 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

muppetsport is having a break from corsasport, yes he has them say they made a big difference
Ant

24th Jan 06 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a break??? WTF??? have i missed something???
starkie

25th Jan 06 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was getting annoyed with folks who got on at him all the time for spending money on his car
Ant

25th Jan 06 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right any more info on the top mounts anyone
TOMAS

25th Jan 06 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been running these for a couple of years now. Mine are the Alloy Eccenticated ones from TAS Motorsports (are they still trading?).

Top quality, quite expensive for what they are but allow you to dial the bollox off the suspension geometry of your car to get it exactly how you like.

I ran them with Spax RSX Coilovers a few years back - on standard topmounts with a 60mm drop it left me with 3 deg of neg camber, went thru the insides of tyres like theres no tomorrow and in the wet it was ScAiRy!

Fitted these and you can bring the Camber back to virtually factory, however it does give you some mega Castor in the process.

I set mine up diffo on so many occasions it was a joke, each time you adjust Camber/Castor you need to have the Toe re-set at the alligners and at about 8 trips @ nearly £30.00 a go you should but shares in your local lazer alignment company LOL...

But yes, to sum them up WELL worth it if you dont mind a slighly more envolved ride (obviously because there solid bearing/billet alu you feel the road surface a bit more). Tyres last longer and better grip.

Just a warning if your very low and bring the camber back out you may find the tyres might scrub the arches.

Oh and P.S you want to hit the magical 1 deg negative Camber, after playing about for ages and ages with mine, 1 degree negative is DEFFO what you want.

[Edited on 30-01-2006 by TOMAS]
Ant

25th Jan 06 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers TOMAS just need to find somewhere capable of setting them up, You can adjust the camber on the FK's as the top bolt hole where it mounts to the hub carrier is elongated but it is a pain because you have to remove the wheel to adjust.

New Poll