corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wirring front speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wirring front speakers
John G

User status: Offline
20th Dec 05 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wondering if u can help me by any chance. as u know the front speakers hav a red an a black wire goin to the speaker, this is fine i understand this bit but basically im startin to build sum custom pods an i basically need to know can i split off into 2 wires from the red an black wire to make way for a 2nd speaker???

if yes will this stil run both speakers to there max wattage???
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

20th Dec 05 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if running off the headunit, it will cook the headunit. If running off an amp, it will run at 2 ohms, so make sure the speakers and amp can cope with that.

[Edited on 20-12-2005 by tom_simes]
John G

20th Dec 05 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can i run a 2nd speaker then? answer to ur qu is no is not off an amp

it will running off whateva the standard front speaker wires run off, im not up on electrics
Dione J

20th Dec 05 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In order to run a second speaker you will need to run it like the same way you do for a sub, but instead of connecting the speaker wires to a sub, this would be to a second set of component speakers. You will need to run an earth, live, remote wire and then insert aux leads into the back of the headunit so the power is coming from the amp & not all from the headunit.

New Poll