corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-60 time of Cav/Corsa 2ltr 8v 130Bhp Engine?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 0-60 time of Cav/Corsa 2ltr 8v 130Bhp Engine?
Tom

User status: Offline
24th Nov 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
what are you trying to say though?

Why don't you have an seh tuned to 200bhp or why didn't you when you had the xe
Tom

24th Nov 05 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Filby1
MuppetSport help me, im loosing the 8v argument, oh and muppetsport does have a let i think

Why do you need to win an arguement if you want one then get one
Filby1

24th Nov 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really mate im just not sure really and im yet to here and solid reason why the Xe is so much better.

If my friend Broster can get 180Bhp out of a 1.6,and thats the same ammount poss on an XE well im not sure. like the sound of the 8v valve and the ease of use.

All im really after apprt from the obvious. the difference in driveing in the 8v and the 16v?
Ditch

24th Nov 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
the 20XE is a rev happy engine... its the right amount of power for a corsa and is very rewarding when driven to its full potential.

the 8v engine is a slug in comparison!

^ there you go... thats the difference in how they drive

XE engines sell for peanuts

SEH engines sell for even less

they are both cheap, mass produced, and have their faults and merits

Its just that the XE was, and still is, that little bit more special to drive!!
Tom

24th Nov 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus the seh will be more torquey but only lower down the revs, the xe will be revvy, i'm basically copying the above now
mwg

24th Nov 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything you can do to the X16XE and the SEH can be done to the C20XE aswell so the smaller engines are always going to be playing catch up once you start tuning the C20XE...
Filby1

24th Nov 05 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but anything is better than my 8v corsa 1.2. and if i really wanted a fast car i would get an sti or a v6 Clio. its just i like my car and want a little more power.

and at the end of the day. you never end up with the fastest car on the road and somthing will always beat ya.
Gg_mf

24th Nov 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Filby1
but anything is better than my 8v corsa 1.2. and if i really wanted a fast car i would get an sti or a v6 Clio. its just i like my car and want a little more power.

and at the end of the day. you never end up with the fastest car on the road and somthing will always beat ya.

Well said my dear!!!!
Ditch

24th Nov 05 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arrr aint that cute

GET A ROOM
Gg_mf

24th Nov 05 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
arrr aint that cute

mwg

24th Nov 05 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont understand the point of this post. Its like your trying to convince us all why you should get one
Dan. T

24th Nov 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a guy in my region of vxscc, that has a turbo'd SEH out of a cav in his astra GTE
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

24th Nov 05 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, you can tune an 8v to xe performance but then you'll push the torque higher up the powerband thus reducing the 'torqueyness' of it.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
hodaz

24th Nov 05 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now i'm no mechanic but a no what i've felt when i've been in other people cars

the 8v feels revvier and seem to have more torque and acceleration in low gears. though the XE has loads more top end. suppose it depends what u use the car for more, ragging round the streets or going rely fast.

before u slate remember that i said i'm not a mechanic
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 05 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had this let engine for about 3 years now, in a cav, and in nova now in a corsa. each time tuned more and built better for more power. the xe i fitted to the sri i got for next to no money at all, thats why i didnt do a 20seh conversion.

the xe is a good engine, the seh is a good engine. up to you what you put in. if its cost of engine the seh is cheaper.

neither are anymore reliable than the other
STEvieXE

24th Nov 05 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would do an 8v no sweat. cheap as chips and plenty of power etc. if iw as doing another conversion tho 2 be honest id got o vauxhall n buy a brand new ecotec 2.0 16v. think with trade discount they can be got for around 1200. plus fittign kit and buy an vectra from scrappies for ancilleries. couple of hundred quid on new parts like belts, gaskets etc pay soem one couple of hundred quid to fit it and uve got a brand new engine, nice amount of power n not as expensive as an xe. ive got an xe and to get it built to brand new spec has cost me around 2.5 alone on engine build. add fitting kit cost of donor car, new parts and paying to fit it. looking at 4.5 k r there abouts. thats stupid money
shane2corsa

24th Nov 05 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im a huge 8v fan! i want a 2 litre 8v MPI if thats possible? i think theres a 130 bhp model but arnt they super rare now? i am tops with the spanners and have already done a conversion myself.. id have a crack at if there was a decent lump about...
-wylo-

25th Nov 05 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the 8v conversion done in my corsa when i had it and its great fun. Opted for that over the XE because its alot cheaper.

£150 for a running cavvy sri with MOT. Drove it home from glasgow, stripped everything i needed and scrappies picked it up. bargain. The 8v is very very torquey and great to drive in such a small car. Pulled in every gear effortlessly.
Filby1

25th Nov 05 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of difference is there between the Ecotec 2ltr and the 8v OHC engine? in terms of proformence
Nic Barnes

25th Nov 05 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ecofec are becoming more tuneable these days
Filby1

25th Nov 05 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mors so than the XE/8v or is it just that they have been playing catch up so far with them been a newer engine?
Nic Barnes

25th Nov 05 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people are starting to develp more kits for em, tb wise etc, id say its because everyone seems to have done the c20xe its been neglected, but as the c20let engine is getting on a bit, a few people i know are now putting x20xev's into novas and corsa as its a newer engine, easy to work on apparantly and can get em for cheap aswell as they were in almost everything

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-60 time of Cav/Corsa 2ltr 8v 130Bhp Engine? 23 database queries in 0.0141950 seconds