corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » weber 45DCOE carbs x16xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author weber 45DCOE carbs x16xe
daves scooby corsa

User status: Offline
9th Nov 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone please tell me anything about weber 45DCOE carbs for a x16xe corsa gsi, i was just reading that these can increase power by around 50bhp which is alot.....

where can these be bought and fitted??? and with what sort of cost!!

Cheers m8
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
9th Nov 05 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wil be a nightmare to keep set up properly, and 50bhp gain will be on a tuned car, probably rallycross spec or something
carnuts

9th Nov 05 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can be quick if set up right but they always need constant adjusting but if you do get them the old mechanics are the best
scottyevo

9th Nov 05 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

45's to big for a 1.6. be better off with 40's
hopper

9th Nov 05 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for 40's, ok you may have to tweek every now and again but for power and noise do it. another bonus is no electrics to go wrong just good old mechanical parts
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Nov 05 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two words,

throttle bodies
broster
Premium Member

10th Nov 05 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to run ignition only management as there is no easy way to fit a dizzy etc. if it can be done at all? as said above you need twin 40's not 45's good power can be obtained from them, sound nice, its different to tb's go for it! they aint so much of a pain to set up as people make out
daves scooby corsa

10th Nov 05 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so how much am i looking at to have something like this done to my x16xe? and it was this sight that said x16xe can run 45s,,, but i dont know....

New Poll