corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lumpy idle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lumpy idle
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
4th Nov 05 at 01:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would a blowing exhaust cause the car to tick over really lumpy. Can feel it through the seat, very annoying! The Astra btw.
Siberia

4th Nov 05 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm.. it could affect the back presure if its a bad leak... which with all the silly sensors on new cars ... one of them is bound not to be happy causing the fault...

if it were me my first course of action would be to get the zorst pluged up and see if that helps
Kieran_k

4th Nov 05 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What car is this on? the astra coupe in your avatar? if so it could be possible, as chance's are it'll have at least two lambda's which could be throwing the idle mixture about, thus affecting the idle.
Mattb

4th Nov 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran_k
What car is this on? the astra coupe in your avatar? if so it could be possible, as chance's are it'll have at least two lambda's which could be throwing the idle mixture about, thus affecting the idle.

my guess too
Mattb

4th Nov 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although the second lambda probe only checks the operation of the cat
Ditch

4th Nov 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the zaust on the coupes (and mk4 astras) is twin skinned so should be lasting at least half the cars life...

where is it blowing?
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Nov 05 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know that it is, thats the only thing I can really put this idle down to. No EM lights or clues there. There's just an increased bit of noise towards the back of the car, sounds a bit like front of the back box, near the axle. Need to get under it I suppose.

Car is nearly 3 now like, 35k.

[Edited on 04-11-2005 by Ian]
Sam
Premium Member

5th Nov 05 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cat on my (mk3) Astra is stuffed, my idle is at about 550rpm, sometime before February next year (MOT time) I'm gonna get it changed for a new one, and see if I get the same problem still or not.

Idles at about 1000rpm when cold, and slowly drops down to 550rpm when at normal operating temperature, weird.
Cybermonkey

5th Nov 05 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

550 is too low sam
Adam-D

5th Nov 05 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my nissan turb idle'd at 550
Sam
Premium Member

5th Nov 05 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I think my Haynes manual says it should idle at about 850 or something?

Do you guys think if I took it into Vauxhall they could reset the idle on their Tech 2 or whatever?

(sorry for hijacking your thread Mr G.)

New Poll