corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » xp user help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xp user help
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
30th Oct 05 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi can some one tell me how to delete a user on windows xp. i know how to delete them normally i meen to delete them altoghether basically,

i never use a user or password ect whenever i have a fresh install of windows, so all of my settings desktop ect load up automatically when i first turn my laptop on, however, my divvy cousin decided to add an extra user, now it loads straigh into the new user profile when i first turn on the laptop, meening all of my desktop ect is not visable.

how can i remove the new user so that only the administrator profile loads up to begin with, with all my files ect. i tried logging into safe mode and deleteing it as normal but as there is technicaly only one user profile and an administrator i dont have the option to delete the user profile.

any ideas?
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Oct 05 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Control Panel -> User Profiles -> Profiles stored on this computer, pick it and delete.

You must be logged on as Administrator though.
Andrew

30th Oct 05 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a tick box to take away all the files associated with this account too.
ssj_kakarot

30th Oct 05 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, was a bit different to what ya said it was

control panel > system > advanced > profiles stored on this computer, any way deleted the unwanted ones but it still wont log me into the one i want had to copy over the old stuff to a new user.

thanks for the help

New Poll