corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pretty much fucked!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pretty much fucked!
Antz

User status: Offline
8th Jul 05 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need help, really bad.

I've applied for a job... doing the same job as what I'm doing now but in a school instead of libraries!

The job is identical in every way, we're on the same Network (Leeds Learnin Network) running the same IP Address ranges and pretty much the same servers... exept one, which we don't have but they do... it's my downfall!

A Domain Server... we don't use em, they do, on my letter it says 'You will also be assesed in the interview adding a PC to the domain and adding a user account via remote desktop'

Does this mean remote desktop to the server or PC?...

Does anyone know a good website with step by step how to add a pc to a domain... I know pretty much how they work and stuff, just never had to add a PC to a domain before.

PLEASE HELP, this is really important to me that I get this job, it's what I've always been looking for!!

Cheers muchly in advance.

Ant!
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jul 05 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence mate, but someone in IT should know this

To setup computer to domain do:
right click my computer, "computer name" tab, then at bottom there is a change button to change the domain the comp is on. Pretty straight forward from there.

I take it u know how to create user account on the server?

Remote desktop might just mean doing it remotely. Either to the user pc to add it to the domain or terminal services into the server to setup a user account..?
Antz

8th Jul 05 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
No offence mate, but someone in IT should know this

To setup computer to domain do:
right click my computer, "computer name" tab, then at bottom there is a change button to change the domain the comp is on. Pretty straight forward from there.

I take it u know how to create user account on the server?

Remote desktop might just mean doing it remotely. Either to the user pc to add it to the domain or terminal services into the server to setup a user account..?

I know how to do that... that just seemed a bit simple and I was almost convinced there'd be something else to do aswell on the PC, wasn't sure if it was just that or something else too.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jul 05 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't think so mate. it's not gonna be anything more advanced than creating user accounts on the server and setting up user machines to connect to it

Remote desktop crap will just be to assist people or remotely edit server from a user pc...
Rebrabuk

8th Jul 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So where does the "pretty much fucked" bit come into it?
Antz

8th Jul 05 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
So where does the "pretty much fucked" bit come into it?

Pretty much fucked bit comes into it when I thought I didn't have a clue on how to do it and I'd be pretty much fucked in the interview... now thanks to some constructive help, a total contrast to your cock faced reply, I am confident I know what I'm doing!
PaulW

8th Jul 05 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adding PC to Domain

Right-Click My Computer, select Properties
goto Computer Name tab
on Network Identity, press CHANGE
Tick DOMAIN
type in Domain Subnet (ie, homenet.internal)
you will be prompted to enter a username & password with rights to do this, so enter them in (these must be within Domain Admins security group on the PDC)
job done, restart PC

Adding User to AD via Terminal Services
You NEED to ensure Terminal Services Server is running on the Server
Log in as Admin on the CLient PC (or some user with Domain Admin policy in there group)
Open Remote Desktop Connect on the Client (Start, Programs, Accessories, Communications, Remote Desktop Connection)
type in the Server Name (PDC) in the Address box
Goto Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Active Directory Users & Computers
go into the Users folder on the left of the AD Tree
you make your user in there, set all options needed (ie, first name, last, username (pre & post 2000), and also add them to any security groups if needed)
Test by logging out of Admin account on Client PC & log on as new user
PaulW

8th Jul 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and thats just off the top of my head
Antz

8th Jul 05 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, I owe you a pint dude!!
PaulW

8th Jul 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw, Terminal Services is shipped with Win2k server & 2k3 server, NOT NT4 unless its Terminal Services edition...

by default, the service isn't enabled...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pretty much fucked! 22 database queries in 0.0156379 seconds