corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » NEW INFORMATION : Related threads ON in here

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEW INFORMATION : Related threads ON in here
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Oct 05 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've turned these on just to see if they're useful, its bringing up a few good results.

If it brings up strange ones, or there are threads which really should be in Geek Day can you let me know and I'll either move the threads, alter the programming, whatever.

I might make it so within Geek Day, it only finds other Geek Day threads as there are a few random car ones

That'll only work when everything which should be in here is in here though.

[Edited on 21-10-2005 by Ian]
Dan B

User status: Offline
21st Oct 05 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ironic that the first "related" thread in response to this one is called "Disappointed in CS"?

Not a big fan of related threads, it just encourages digging up years-old topics that should have been left to vanish naturally...
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Oct 05 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I admit it has downsides - and this is exactly what people were saying when I first included it, read the related thread down there

You're quite right - old crap will come back - thing is though, if you have a phone/computer/whatever model number, that won't.

However techniques like routing an internet connection are still going on, and threads on that are stil valid. Its got some mileage in here.
Robbo

22nd Oct 05 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job IMO
Carr

24th Oct 05 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Ian Keep up the good work

New Poll