corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can somone confirm/correct this please?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can somone confirm/correct this please?
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Oct 05 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drawn up where i believe all the wires should go, going on what people have told me, but i'm no 100% its right

Would appreciate if somone could confirm or correct it please

[Edited on 20-10-2005 by Sly_SRi]

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
ed

20th Oct 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the engine bay picture that is the starter motor loom right? If so you should have the Corsa loom attatched which simply plugs in the same place as it did with the previous engine.

In the footwell picture you have everythig right, you match it all up colour for colour - I advise you cut the matching plug off of you old Corsa loom and soilder it on for a more 'factory' fit and more relability in the connection. The thick red and black wires are the ignition lives. You need to tape one up (Use heat shrink rather than tape ) and the other should be attatched to this plug in the engine bay...

Any spare wires left over which don't match colour for colour just need to be be taped up out of the way...

Just a quck picture of mine before I tidied it all up and soildered the joints so you get what i'm on about...

ed

20th Oct 05 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hang on, your wiring loom isn't the same as mine... That plug in the engine bay must go the the fuel pump relay....
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

20th Oct 05 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, i think it was you that told me there were two different types of loom, one has the wires already near the ECU, and the other you have to route them back to the drivers footwell, i have the latter. Buy the way, that plug you have shown there, where does that lead to?

Corsa C Z20Let

the_legend_of_yrag

20th Oct 05 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plug he has there is the incar plug (should have been choped off from the wires in your bottom pic?), that you connect the xe wires to from the xe loom in the footwell.

He has cut off the old connection off his old corsa engine loom and connected it to the connecter in the car (again where you have proberbly chopped a connecter off in the bottom pic), and joined the xe wires to this conencter so it's plug and play!

So look on your old corsa loom for a connecter that connects to the connecter you have chopped off from the in car loom.

The connecter in your engine bay could be fuel pump is there a relay connected to it? If so not sure what you do with those wires.

[Edited on 20-10-2005 by the_legend_of_yrag]
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

20th Oct 05 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, i'm kinda confused

Corsa C Z20Let

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

20th Oct 05 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a black box type thing with lots of wired coming out on the end of the loom, is this the relay???

Corsa C Z20Let

ed

20th Oct 05 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plug in the engine bay leads to the fuel pump relay, it's for ignition live.

The plug in the foot well leads to the bodywork loom, it is for things like the dash lights and dials from the ECU...
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

20th Oct 05 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C Z20Let

the_legend_of_yrag

20th Oct 05 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats your fuel pump relay yeah.

See the plug in ed's bottom pic? Wires coming out of the right of that are from the in car loom, wires from the left of it have been joind from the xe loom!
lee mitchell

20th Oct 05 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the second pic the blue one has to be run to inside the car to the blue red thick wire. the green black wire also goes inside the car to the black wire. also the red one u have got saying to battery. just run that inside the car to the thick red wire. u will be left with the blue wire insid ethe car which u just run to the temp sender on the thermo. just tape the white one up
the_legend_of_yrag

21st Oct 05 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you saying the blue and the green/black from the xe loom go to the thick red/blue and black respectively from the in car loom? or from the fuel relay wires to in car loom? as i thought the fuel relay wires went inside the car from xe loom anyway.

the red wire i have running to the batt is fom the in car loom, and it's the only red wire in car!

[Edited on 21-10-2005 by the_legend_of_yrag]
lee mitchell

21st Oct 05 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the green and black go to inside the car with the blue one and join to the corsa loom

New Poll