corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Regular meets for the South East

Poll: Regular meets for the South East
  Yes I would be interested in regular meets
  No I would not be interested in regular meets

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Regular meets for the South East
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Oct 05 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hia,

I think the south central region seem to be making a good example with having meets for their region every month, how many people from our area would be interested in this?

We could meet at some strange location off the M25, perhaps Thurrock services or something near there (on my side of the Dartford bridge please )

It would make sense to place the meeting point at a location that everyone lives near by (well central to everyone), so if you are interested please list your current location (town) in the South East.

Cheers!
Rus

18th Oct 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets say i live near Dartford. So thurrock would be fine by me. they have some horrid speedbumps there though

i'd be up for a monthly meet, but not during the day on a weekend. i work
loo_goblin

18th Oct 05 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

current location Naaarwich

Horsham when at home
Fad

18th Oct 05 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well few of us regulars meet up regularly anyways but would be good to have a monthly meet thats regular like clockwork.

Hopefully with a bit of time could grow a bit.

Only problem I can see is people will come to a couple then not bother...this will the usual crew who bleet on and on how dead it is in the South East , however there are a a few of us young spirited souls are doing it for the COMMUNITY

Tis a good idea Willay but needs to be near a place with a good carpark and a pub so we can stay warm and amused durring the cold rainy spells?
willay
Premium Member

19th Oct 05 at 06:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hear you fad, and wtf at the south east haters saying the region is dead, how about you be positive you cunts - rant over.

I just feel its rather silly that we have the BIGGEST postcode coverage but we seem to suck willy at meets.

And hopefully this idea will pull out people from the region who havent been to any meets yet.

Meet locations... I'm unsure at the moment, hell if I was more central to everyone we could all gather in my barn with the fan heater on for some cock fighting etc.

When I get a moment and more people post in this thread I will make a map pointing out all us alot in the SE area and then we can work out a nice central area to meet, then look at actual locations (places) to meet
dave17

19th Oct 05 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doh i guess im a SE hating cunt then

To be honest im not really interested, but a SE RR day would be good, and id be up for that
bradfincham

19th Oct 05 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is we need somewhere that will allow us, i had a fair bit of difficulty arranging the last one,

with vxlscc the same happened we met at the grasshopper monthly and it ended up there was about 3/4 maybe 5/6 cars there and for some of us like me and others it was a 1.5 hour drive to get there.

MY idea for the south east was quarterly meets, starting in january etc, that way we can hopefully get a good turnout and makes the drive worthwhile for most.

Southend monthly has got to be the best way to keep us all togethor, as there more things to do and everyone generally has a good night!!

What do people think that idea then?

Judging from the input ive had back regarding a xmas party etc then i dont think that can go ahead.
But if the hardcore crew and a few others fancy an afternoon karting then im happy to sort that, and perhaps il even fund a trophy for the day to make it more fun

loo_goblin

19th Oct 05 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

south central have it every 3-4 months

deffo not monthly its got to be quarterly like brad says.
bradfincham

19th Oct 05 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its end of jan - get xmas out the way for the 1st meet at grasshopper, then april, july/august/octbober

i am happy to organise anything else that people want, but the problem is we often need a limited number for most things and have to pay up front.

Who fancies a paintballing day about £50 or so after xmas as well when it starts to warm up ??

N90ATH

19th Oct 05 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey hey peeps yer i would be intested in a monthly/quaterly or wot eva meet. my only problem is workin weekends and uni through week but i'm sure that can be sorted.

all u really need to do is let me know and i will try and make it. agree with brad about long drives etc

brad wot u sayin if your gonna do paint ballin count me in but that is sacraligist (sp) sayin when i warms up, when its cold and wet is the best time for paint balling, as can slide around and if needed jujmp into large puddles for cover used to do it alot back in the days lol, i think i even have some stuff left over in the loft :S
willay
Premium Member

19th Oct 05 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even the grasshopper is abit of a drive for me tbh brad!

Dont south central just pick some random retail park they know with aburger king?
loo_goblin

19th Oct 05 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay

Dont south central just pick some random retail park they know with aburger king?

ermm no

we went to a KFC once
Fad

19th Oct 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well I think a monthly meet whould be good enough say @southend as everyone knows their way to southend?

If not a random pub in the middle of nowhere will be fine but only as long as people are willing to make an apperance
bradfincham

19th Oct 05 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i agree fad, i say southend monthly and we send u2u's out monthly to everyone in u region, then we do quarterly meets at grwashopper, yes its a fair drive but a great location, i tried severall places when i was organising that and none of them wanted to no,

dave17

19th Oct 05 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grasshopper is 15mins from me
bradfincham

19th Oct 05 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is i dont want to spend time organising a monthly meet and no one ever turns up etc,
the grasshopper last time was a good day and turn out, and i hope to replicate that 4 times a year, but for us local south east posse we can do more, more often!! Just wont be able to organised as much!!

dave17

19th Oct 05 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i said, an RR day would be great. But i dont kbow of any good ones in the SE?
bradfincham

19th Oct 05 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, who fancies a rr at power engineering in say march, give us time to rack up enough people and sort payments!!
loo_goblin

19th Oct 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to get my bad boy 1.2 8v on the rollers

Dont have a clue how to get to southend lol.

but quartly at grasshopper as that can then becoming south central meet aswel as its not too far the rude boys from windsor
bradfincham

19th Oct 05 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep i totally agree,
if someone wants to take charge of organising the monthly meet they can, but i dont think attendance will be a lot!

Quarterly i dont mind such as grasshopper one month and bee keeper in harlow the next month i can sort that, as will attend.

Southend monthly for me is a struggle as often too busy with uni.

But can we please sort a xmas party!!

loo_goblin

19th Oct 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xmas party!!!!

am i the only person who is away at uni here, coz every1 seems to travel to uni here.
Fad

20th Oct 05 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xmas party sounds good to me Brad let meknow if u need a had orgaising it
dave17

20th Oct 05 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is power engineering?

Are they the best then?
Fad

20th Oct 05 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uxbridge but no point doing a RR day as no one turns up except the regulars
willay
Premium Member

21st Oct 05 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
Yep i totally agree,
if someone wants to take charge of organising the monthly meet they can, but i dont think attendance will be a lot!

Quarterly i dont mind such as grasshopper one month and bee keeper in harlow the next month i can sort that, as will attend.

Southend monthly for me is a struggle as often too busy with uni.

But can we please sort a xmas party!!

Sounds good plan! Never been to the bee keeper, where abouts it that?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Regular meets for the South East 23 database queries in 0.0142739 seconds