corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Just Received this email from pipex

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just Received this email from pipex
sukhwant

User status: Offline
30th Sep 05 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dear Sukhwant,

We have received a complaint from an Internet user concerning alleged unsolicited email sent from an IP address that relates to your account.

As I am sure you are aware sending of unsolicited email is prohibited under our acceptable use policy (http://www.pipex.net/legal/aup/).

Please note that your system could have become infected with a Trojan or Bot which can set up an SMTP, this will then allow spammers to use your machine for sending spam/viruses and initiating attacks on other internet users machines. This will be done without your knowledge.

Please can you run a full system scan to make sure that your system hasn't been compromised.
Microsoft Windows users please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx after running a full system scan.

Please also check for open relays by going to: http://www.mail-abuse.com/an_sec3rdparty.html

Please reply to this email within 7 days stating that your PIPEX account will not be used for sending unsolicited email and that your account has been cleared of all possible infection(s).

Please can you also list the infection(s) that were found on your system (if any), so that we can add this to your ticket?

Kind Regards

PIPEX Abuse Response Team

Fucker!
Andrew

30th Sep 05 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep getting them off Wanadoo saying i'm downloading too much per month Just ignored them and nothing had happened so far
gianluigi

30th Sep 05 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u actually send abusive email?
sukhwant

30th Sep 05 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that I know off, and I dont even use pipex mail, i've got my own domain and smtp servers
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Sep 05 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not their mail server, thats your computer being used as a mail server. You run a virus scan?

New Poll