corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice please, Coilovers, or Adjustables?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice please, Coilovers, or Adjustables?
drax

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 05 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey there peoples loving the site more and more now is the time i need help tho..

Getting all the parts together for my car, as its going to be euro styled I wanted it low as low can be, unfortunatly due to the roads around my area and travelling to and from college everyday..which has speed bumps before the car park, I wanted height adjustment so it can be slammed for shows, and raised for general driving.

Hence why I was after coilovers, Now I want a set that will last me, but also a set that will give me a 50mm drop or more (gonna be on 14-15's)

Ive been looking at the FK coilovers, the budgets I have picked up on seem to rust like crazy? and the highsport ones seem to be better but I dont know,

then theres people praising Koni yellows, What i really want to know is what am i best off going for, this car is not a track car, just a everyday car, thats gonna look nice for shows, im after pretty stiff suspension too, hard ride over soft bouncy crap.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
dna23

23rd Sep 05 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

koni adjustables and eibach spings
fragpot

23rd Sep 05 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had koni yellows and highsports and personally I'd get FK highsports (from me ). The konis were good, but I just put them on maximum firmness then never touched them again. The highsports are about 30% firmer than the standard rebound rate if that helps and the ride is pretty firm, certainly not bouncey. If you really need dampening adjustment then go for FK Konigsport if you can afford them (they use koni adjustable inserts).
Siberia

23rd Sep 05 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to upset the apple cart... i had fk highsports but have just recently changed to koni adjustables and eibach springs... i find the car handles better with the koni's.... and i dont find them uncomforable at al...

its sits highish though... well in comparison to the fk's which i had lowered about 70-80mm... dont be fooled though you may have trouble lowering your car that low if you have wide wheels... i have 14" steelys on my car...
fragpot

23rd Sep 05 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was using koni adjustables with courtney springs. No major complaints, but I like the highsports better.

You could always get konis then build custom coilovers onto them if you want height adjustment later. but then again, you may as well get fk konigsports.

[Edited on 23-09-2005 by fragpot]
Siberia

23rd Sep 05 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem i found with the highsports is setting the camber up correctly.... could a right pain in the ass hence why i when for a kit with no camber adjustment...
drax

23rd Sep 05 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, im on steelies at the moment, and will be till i can afford some deep dish

New Poll