corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » No-contract broadband suppliers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No-contract broadband suppliers
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Sep 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone recommend me any broadband suppliers that don't tie you to a 12 month contract?

virgin.net are fucking me off now.
Nismo

1st Sep 05 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NIldram - 1 month contracts
Nismo

1st Sep 05 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S its easy to get out of contracts , simply ask for your MAC code to transfer your line , by law they cannot refuse you this code , once you have this code it terminates your contract
Bart

1st Sep 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
P.S its easy to get out of contracts , simply ask for your MAC code to transfer your line , by law they cannot refuse you this code , once you have this code it terminates your contract

Hows that?
surely your breaking the contact there?
Sam
Premium Member

1st Sep 05 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So when I phone Virgin to cancel, I need to ask them for the MAC code?

And can I order the new broadband online or do I have to phone up the new company and give them the MAC code over the phone?
Nismo

1st Sep 05 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bart: you are breaking the contract but they cannot refuse you the MAC code , once you have the MAC code you can change ISP, the losing ISP cant do nothing.

Sam: yeah simply call Virgin and ask for your MAC code and they will arrange for it (takes a few days somethimes) once you have that you simply sign up to your new ISP and then they transfer the service on a set day should get about 1 hour downtime.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Sep 05 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK - sorry just some more questions on the subject... As I have to give them 30 days notice to cancel, do I have to wait the full 30 days or can my supply be switched before then?
SJW
Banned

1st Sep 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

freedom2surf
John

1st Sep 05 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SJW
freedom2surf

Yes, brilliant company, internet has been down for about half an hour once since i went with them 2 years ago.
Always near the top in the speed ratings as well.
Dan B

1st Sep 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bart: you are breaking the contract but they cannot refuse you the MAC code , once you have the MAC code you can change ISP, the losing ISP cant do nothing.

Sam: yeah simply call Virgin and ask for your MAC code and they will arrange for it (takes a few days somethimes) once you have that you simply sign up to your new ISP and then they transfer the service on a set day should get about 1 hour downtime.

Actually, the losing ISP can refuse a MAC code, if they're not part of the group of companies that have signed up to that agreement......in fact, there are terms and conditions inside that agreement that ISPs can refuse to give a MAC code purely on the basis of the customer owing them money (most ISPs that use 12-month contracts will hold you to the 12 months, or charge the remainder of the contract as a "leaving fee"), until the customer settles all remaining fees.
Dan B

1st Sep 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and ratings speak better than words!

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp?bt=ON&f2s=ON&nildram=ON&virginnet=ON&zen=ON&cmp_action=Compare
Carr

1st Sep 05 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plusnet are meant to be good
Dan B

1st Sep 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carr

They were pretty good, until a few months ago, when they decided to start ripping off customers (charging extra money for the 4/8Mbps DSL products which don't even exist yet, by saying they'll be first in line to get them - funny, ISPs don't have any control at all over which exchanges BT enable first), and they topped it off by terminating the contracts of two customers who tried to persuade them to tell all their customers that they were charging them up to £18 per month for something they can't even use for a good few months yet...

See here for MANY MANY posts about their activities recently, and see how many people are leaving them in droves...
Bart

1st Sep 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So if you break the contact they will charge you a nice amount for breaking it?
Dan B

1st Sep 05 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:

So if you break the contact they will charge you a nice amount for breaking it?

Yes, if you're in a 12 month contract, quite a few ISPs will charge you the remainder of your 12 months' fee before they will release the MAC code......it's actually written into the MAC-agreement that they can do this.
Bart

1st Sep 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carr

Thats who im with.
http://www.force9.net

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » No-contract broadband suppliers 23 database queries in 0.0147381 seconds