corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Technical Help Needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Technical Help Needed
nicky_wilko

User status: Offline
18th Aug 05 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basiclay i need all the help i can get. I have carried out a 1.8 SRi conversion thats been nothing but trouble. It is in at vauxhall now but seems to be going no were.

My car orignaly was a 2003 (03 reg) 1.2 SXi Non aircon.

I bought a 1.8 Z18XE engine and gearbox with aircon, driveshafts, hubs, brakes, ECU, Transponder/key and the front wiring (From were the BCM plugs into all the way down to the fusebox and so on etc) all from a 53 reg Corsa SRi.

When all the above was fitted and the aircon was removed we turned the key but it just turned over but never fired. Found out there was no spark or fuel. So we then took it to vauxhall who replace the following:

Blank BCM (1.8 Corsa one)
Blank Imobilizer unit (transponder)
And a completley Blank ECU (1.8 Corsa one)

They then went on to program the above and set it all up, but still the car did not fire up!

Now vauxhall have said it is something to do with the wiring as they said there is no signal getting through from the BCM to the ECU. And the aircon side of it is causing problems!

I then got onto another vauxhall dealer who we deal with and asked them and the said il no dought need the wiring.

Any help in anyway possible would be great!

Many thanks and hope you can be of some help.
Nick
J100RSA

18th Aug 05 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will prob need th rest of the 1.8 harness because of all the multiplex system with wireing diagrams and time could prob get it running
ShEp

18th Aug 05 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the wiring, due to it being multiplex, never fook about with corsa-c engine changes,
nicky_wilko

18th Aug 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
all the wiring, due to it being multiplex, never fook about with corsa-c engine changes,

lol wish someone told me that b4.

When you say the rest, what you mean?
nicky_wilko

19th Aug 05 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ShEp

22nd Aug 05 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u will need to take the whole wiring loom out of the car u got the engine from and use it, the lot
Steve Smith

22nd Aug 05 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the fuel pump prime? If not test it then rule out relays, fuses, earths. Get a multi meter and check for continuity in wiring.

New Poll