corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rasping sebring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rasping sebring
Corsa1600

User status: Offline
17th Jul 05 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are loads of posts on this but i was just wondering if there was any way to reduce it? When its cold it does it all the time but when hot, only if you give it some hefty right foot at 3000rpm + Its the xt1 backbox with straight through centre. This is a shot in the dark but, would decatting maybe help.... or make it much worse? If it improves when it gets hot, would cat removal make it hotter and so less raspy? Any comments would be much appreciated! cheers, Phil
CorsAsh

17th Jul 05 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removing cat would increase rasp... the 16v engines are inherently raspy, so short of having another silencer added in, there's not a lot you can do...
MR2Mike

17th Jul 05 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i love that raspy sound, but if you dont, why did you bother changing the exhaust system? you might get away with a round backbox, may give a deeper sound, but if you hate the sound that much put standard shit exhaust back on
Corsa1600

17th Jul 05 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get me wrong, i love a sporty sounding exhaust as much as the next guy but this is just a little over the top sometimes....sounds similar to having no backbox on at all! it might be that its only had a hundred miles or so on it so far! bafflers may still need to wear in! sounds like it may just be a sebring thing! going by other posts on the site! cheers for the replies!

New Poll