corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 SXI Engine Trouble...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 SXI Engine Trouble...
Satsta

User status: Offline
6th Jul 05 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please can ANYONE help...

for awhile now my engine has been abit tempremental

Example...

Wake up to go to work...get in the car - turn it on - clutch in, put it in first, clutch off and accel on and go to set off...

i then put it in 2nd gear and carry on but the engine starts to stuggle...its like its jumpin about under the bonnet and the revs wont go passed about 2k - constantly juddering - the rev counter goes up to 2k(ish) and then down and back up but cant break that 2k mark...

Only way ive managed to get round this is to whack it in neutral and press the accelerator in a couple of times and then hold it til the revs go almost completly round the clock...then everythins fine! i know i risk damagin my engine by strainin a 'cold' engine but i cant get round it - if i just gently rev it while im parked up for awhile then go, it still does that juddering thing

i had the EGR valve changed for a brand new one a few months back because i couldnt get a constant 1k revs - it kept stallin once i switched the engine on...and i used that RED EX fuel injector cleaner to try and sort things out - but all is still knackered

engine has 85k on the clock and recently had a service - plugs / oil etc changed

T Reg 1.2 SXi

its doin my head in

please can anyone help...any ideas?

[Edited on 06-07-2005 by Satsta]
Voyto

6th Jul 05 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any mods to the Engine?

Is the ECU light coming on at all even if just on then off?

If it was in neutral and u hit the gas harsh to the floor, does it struggle to get up the revs?
Satsta

6th Jul 05 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Voyto
Any mods to the Engine?

Is the ECU light coming on at all even if just on then off?

If it was in neutral and u hit the gas harsh to the floor, does it struggle to get up the revs?

if im accelerating hard on the sliproad of a motorway to try and pick up speed u can feel it get so far, then struggle , then the engine management light will come on and it will struggle to go faster until u ease ur foot off the accelerator - wait for it to go off, then u can accelerate again

the light doesnt come on in the morning or whenever the cars been left around un-run for awhile tho - it just struggles

quote:

Yes mate...

any ideas?

[Edited on 06-07-2005 by Satsta]
Steve Smith

6th Jul 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10404&item=4559626395&rd=1
Satsta

7th Jul 05 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i had the money steve... id have that off u no problem

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Jul 05 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

throttle posision switch or idle control valve.
Satsta

7th Jul 05 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808

how sure are u mate?

its just really wierd how when i get the revs all the way round then go to first as normal, everythin is fine

r these expensive to fix/change?
Dave A

7th Jul 05 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Satsta
quote:
Originally posted by corsa808

how sure are u mate?

its just really wierd how when i get the revs all the way round then go to first as normal, everythin is fine

r these expensive to fix/change?

cant be sure without getting it checked properly, but these are common probs on the 1.2 16v.

Tarrantino

7th Jul 05 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the air mass flow meter or sumfin like that, same thin happened 2 me in my ol corsa. its the sensor that is after ur air intake, its in the pipe between the airintake and the bit jsut b4 ur engine, if i had a pic i could show u
Dave A

7th Jul 05 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrantino
its the air mass flow meter or sumfin like that, same thin happened 2 me in my ol corsa. its the sensor that is after ur air intake, its in the pipe between the airintake and the bit jsut b4 ur engine, if i had a pic i could show u

could also be this.

could be lots of things, best to get it looked at rather than getting poeple to guess on the internet.
dna23

7th Jul 05 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some carb cleaner... then clean out ure air intake with it, take off ure induction kit/the big box and spray it up with the engine running... its all on the can how to do it
Satsta

7th Jul 05 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a problem that might be connected to this is...

the engine seems to gulp water - i topped the container up 2 weeks ago and i had to re-do it...as it was half empty - there seems to be a lot of orange shit splutterin about inside it aswell... and theres a clearish pipe connected to the water container thing bit and the engine that looks like theres orange stuff in it..

thanks alot for ur help guys - i dont wanna take it to the garage if i can sort it myself
Voyto

8th Jul 05 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like Air Mass Meter to me. But im no pro and im only suggesting this as its happened to me b4 with the exact same symptoms
Matt H

8th Jul 05 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine had this problem - Was the Idle Control Valve

New Poll