corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MFD Problem, any help pls.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MFD Problem, any help pls.....
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 05 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically mucked around today with the stereo harness, and now the MFD is knackered.

Basically it only works with the lights on, once you turn them off the display goes off, and after about 30secs of the lights being off it forgets the time/ date.

If you leave the lights on it works perfect. Im guessing a wire has come loose, but anyone got an idea which one???
RKS

3rd Jul 05 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar problem, where as MFD kept switchin itself off, i just pushed the wires all into the plug and it seemed 2 fix the problem.
AdiSRI

4th Jul 05 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but i cant see any reason why mucking about with the hu harness would make any difference, its not connected to anything atm so i cud do wat i want and it wont cause any trouble.

All i can think is that in pulling it or something, a wire somewhere else has come loose.

I need to know which wiee from the mfd it is likely to be then i can pull the dash apart and have a look!
Mo

4th Jul 05 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wires for the mfd run behind down the middle heater section and to the loom behind the HU. so it may have just become loose.

push the middle to heater vents down with the palm of your hand and it will reveal to screws (once behind each heater vent) un these and the mfd should be free. then check the plugs in the back
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Jul 05 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a wire that goes into the stereo so when you switch stereo on it lights the mfd up, if its not connected to a stereo thats why it isnt working as it should
AdiSRI

4th Jul 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mo
the wires for the mfd run behind down the middle heater section and to the loom behind the HU. so it may have just become loose.

push the middle to heater vents down with the palm of your hand and it will reveal to screws (once behind each heater vent) un these and the mfd should be free. then check the plugs in the back

done this the plug is in fine, and it still does it.

Ill try putting another hu on the loom and see, but surely the mfd should still work even without a hu in the car?
mjw_2k2

4th Jul 05 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the mfd apart and look on the back of the chip part (green side) check all the soldering points on the connection, just get the solderin iron out and make sure all are connected, this is how i fixed mine with similar problems
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Jul 05 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mjw_2k2
take the mfd apart and look on the back of the chip part (green side) check all the soldering points on the connection, just get the solderin iron out and make sure all are connected, this is how i fixed mine with similar problems

yeah this can happen aswell, i was just thinking when you said your headunit wasnt plugged in

New Poll