corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong?
Skinz

User status: Offline
25th Jun 05 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend has just bought a clio from a garage. She part ex'ed her seicento against it.

When we took the seicento to be valued the bloke never asked, or even looked at how much tax was left on the vehicle.

When she went to drop the vehicle off she forgot to take the tax out of it as it still has 6 months on it. We rang up and said that we forgot to take it out and can we come and get it.

They said they valued to vehicle to include the tax, is this right? can they do this even though nothing was said, or written down about the tax.

I just had an abusing convo with a guy from there who tried to tell me they dont price there cars expecting to have money knocked off thats got nothing to do with it but shows what people we are dealing with
M2RTY

25th Jun 05 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sold as seen
Cybermonkey

25th Jun 05 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sold as seen. what good is the tax though to you??
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes obviously but surely something should have been said about the tax as its one of the things that the other party cant assume is going to be left on there, at the end of the day that tax is worth nothing to them as its going to be on a forecourt they are going to pocket the cash from the tax and this doesnt seem right to me
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we can claim it back £60 worth
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we wouldnt have forgotten to take tax out and took it there was nothing they couldve done about it
Paul H

25th Jun 05 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
if we wouldnt have forgotten to take tax out and took it there was nothing they couldve done about it
thats true but i dont think much can be done now
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had to drive the car there with tax on it so it was obvious the car would have tax on it, but how the hell can they say a value without determining if the tax is going to be with it, we couldnt drive the car there without tax just so they wouldnt value it without it

[Edited on 25-06-2005 by Skinz]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Jun 05 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does it say on the reciept for the car? if the tax is not written on the reciept, then its still legally yours. is the clio a brand new car?
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no the clio is second hand also, no mention of tax on the receipt this interests me tell me more?
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you sold the car not its contents. legally the tax is yours if it wasnt mentioned at the time of purchase or the reciept for the car.

make it clear that you fully intended to take the tax out of the vehicle before the sale, as you were 100% certain that the tax wasnt part of the deal.

[Edited on 25-06-2005 by corsa808]
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so tax is not classed as part of the car then, is it seperate? how certain are you about this? as i will probably use this when i speak to the manager on mon?
Jay

25th Jun 05 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
well you sold the car not its contents. legally the tax is yours if it wasnt mentioned at the time of purchase or the reciept for the car.

make it clear that you fully intended to take the tax out of the vehicle before the sale, as you were 100% certain that the tax wasnt part of the deal.

[Edited on 25-06-2005 by corsa808]

This is true, but they will be an arse over it I done the same thing, by the time i could of even thought of asking for it back it was sold! Plus the car I got wasnt taxed, fuckin cunts!
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its legally mine i will goto CAB
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you own the tax disk as you paid for it. (although to be precise it is only a 'reciept' that you have paid the duty)

but the reciept is still your property.
sassyminx

25th Jun 05 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the sake of £90 is there any point complaining about it

its done now

get over it
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will not let it drop, they are robbng cnuts
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CAB will say the same as me. it will take ages to do anything if you get all legal with them. by that time they could have got rid of the car.

did you get any warranty with the new car?
p4uls corsa

25th Jun 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the tax was in it when u handed the keys over it becomes the new keepers property theres nothing u can do about it

[Edited on 25-06-2005 by p4uls corsa]
corb

25th Jun 05 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you read your order form, it will state on there somewhere including remaining road fund licence. The tax is worth something to them, as they can claim it back also.

When they looked at your car, they wouldve given it its p/x price as it sits infront of them. i.e. if there was a wheel missing, priced it accordingly. Well, as there was tax in it, they wouldve taken that into consideration.

At the end of the day, read the small print, there WILL be something in there. Or post up a pic of the order form and/or invoice(obv. blank off her details!) and i'll probably be able to point it out for you

Car sales people are NOT to be trusted! Did your parents teach you nothing!
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
CAB will say the same as me. it will take ages to do anything if you get all legal with them. by that time they could have got rid of the car.

did you get any warranty with the new car?

yes how come?
Rebrabuk

25th Jun 05 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my bro got his car valued at a garage for trade in value it had a CD player in it. I took the CD player out before he traded it in but they didn't say anything about it... It wasn't a particularly great CD player, but it was better than the big hole that i left in the dash..

I think it's just one of those things where it works both ways. If you had took it out the garage wouldn't be arsed, but since you left it in they'll be awkward about giving you it back.

I doubt you'll get it back, but wouldn't get too angry/stressed about it whilst you try and get it back. Lose nothing for trying.
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the bit on the top of it about mot collect tba???
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats just the clio didnt have an mot and the garage puts a 12 monther on all its cars, TBA means we put a deposit down and were calling them to confirm collection as had to wait for finance
Rob H

25th Jun 05 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p4uls corsa
if the tax was in it when u handed the keys over it becomes the new keepers property theres nothing u can do about it

Exactly. If you'd have taken it out before you handed over the keys then you could argue your point, but as soon as you hand over the keys and drive away thats classed as selling the car, and the car would have been sold as seen. Also alot of the time they do change the value of the car depending on the amount of tax youve got left on it.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong? 22 database queries in 0.1990309 seconds