corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
25th Jun 05 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it say on the reciept what corb said might be in the smallprint?
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
Originally posted by p4uls corsa
if the tax was in it when u handed the keys over it becomes the new keepers property theres nothing u can do about it

Exactly. If you'd have taken it out before you handed over the keys then you could argue your point, but as soon as you hand over the keys and drive away thats classed as selling the car, and the car would have been sold as seen. Also alot of the time they do change the value of the car depending on the amount of tax youve got left on it.

but only if he was given a reciept with details of the tax remaining or stating sold as seen.
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no nothing in small print, the only small print on it states "CAUTION: Milages on recorders of used motor vehicles may differ from actual total distances run so must be disregarded"
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean if i left my laptop in the back when we handed over the keys it doesnt make it theres does it
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
I mean if i left my laptop in the back when we handed over the keys it doesnt make it theres does it

EXACTLY
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what your saying is tax is considered to be an accessory, or content of the motor vehicle and needs to be put on receipt if this is what is to be priced as? how do you know this anyway?
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im a sales rep. and ive had this problem before. and i got my tax disc back.
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did u say to them to get it back then?
corb

25th Jun 05 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just above her signature on that form, there is another line of writing, what does that say?

Other than that, if there isnt anything on the back of that order form, that looks pretty wanky to me!

Did you just get the one form? Not a separate Order Form(when deposit was left) and Invoicee(when delivery was taken) ?
corb

25th Jun 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask for it back, they'll tell you its already been sent away for claiming in their name. Thats what I'd do at least.
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope and nope

above her sig says Less amount outstanding subject to hp with, <blank>

I/We declare that the milage on this part exchange vehicle is correct/incorrect
Signature....
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just said what ive put in my posts. tell them the reciept for the vehicle excise duty (tax disc) is legally yours unless they can show you a reciept to state that they have purchased it from you.

you have already said they havnt stated on the reciept that the tax disc is theirs.

the laptop example you gave is a good example of what im trying to say.

Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
Ask for it back, they'll tell you its already been sent away for claiming in their name. Thats what I'd do at least.

i told them not too til i speak with manager on monday, if they do they will be in even biger shit if what corsa808 is saying is true, they can be done for stealing
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
just said what ive put in my posts. tell them the reciept for the vehicle excise duty (tax disc) is legally yours unless they can show you a reciept to state that they have purchased it from you.

you have already said they havnt stated on the reciept that the tax disc is theirs.

the laptop example you gave is a good example of what im trying to say.

you a car sales rep then?
corb

25th Jun 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

naw, the top one of her signatures! there is a fold and cant see what it says under that!
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they try and say the car is already gone, or they have already claimed the tax back your only option is to let it drop or contact the police (bit drastic for the sake of £60) if the car dealer is as dodgy as his reciepts look he wont want the pigs sniffing round. then he will probably give you the £60 rather than have the hassle.

remember, its legally your property. if you feel that you have been ripped off, stand your ground. but the police wont really do much to be honest probably tell you you shouldnt have left it in the car
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I acknowledge delivery of the car described above, i.e. that she's signed to pick up the clio
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
if they try and say the car is already gone, or they have already claimed the tax back your only option is to let it drop or contact the police (bit drastic for the sake of £60) if the car dealer is as dodgy as his reciepts look he wont want the pigs sniffing round. then he will probably give you the £60 rather than have the hassle.

remember, its legally your property. if you feel that you have been ripped off, stand your ground. but the police wont really do much to be honest probably tell you you shouldnt have left it in the car

what about if they just say that its part of the car, even though i tell them its a content what if they just keep saying no its calssed as part of the car? goto Trading Standards/threaten them with that?
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a car sales rep, but got a few mates that buy and sell cars. i looked into car sales and the legalities of the buisness as i was conned once and it nearly cost me £4k! long story, but a dealer i bought a car off went bust the same day i paid for a car. the recievers that took over the company tried to reposess the car claiming that it hadnt been paid for. got messy and they even tried to claim i didnt own the tax disk!
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the best idea someone has just come up with is to ring the bank first thing tomorrow and stop the £2000 paid today by card, and get them to reissue a new payment 60 pounds less to them
corb

25th Jun 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do that, and you'll definately be in shit, as you have signed to say youre paying that amount for the car. That way you ARE breaking a law.

Gimme a few ticks and i'll upload a PROPER order form!
M2RTY

25th Jun 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey it does not mention them tyres or engine oil you bought last month

maybe if you call the police they will get you them back too

dont be so stupid
corb

25th Jun 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no engine oil and tyres are part of the car, a tax disk is a receipt of tax payment and belongs to us unless otherwise stated
Dave A

25th Jun 05 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about if they just say that its part of the car, even though i tell them its a content what if they just keep saying no its calssed as part of the car? goto Trading Standards/threaten them with that?

again comes back to the fact that the tax disc is a reciept, not a part of a car.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong? 22 database queries in 0.0151360 seconds