corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa flat spot problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa flat spot problem
bigjim172000

User status: Offline
13th Jun 05 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys im a fairly new person on her so much help would be good as im new to corsa' aswell. I have a corsa b 1ltre 3cyl and when i got it it was a write off, i rebuilt it and after a couple of dayd the engine management lite came on and it was really sluggish and flat spotted, got it checked the egr valve had gone, changed it and now it still flat spots and is sluggish, i have recently put an induction kit on specific to the 3cyl from k and n. It now flat spots occasionaly at around 50 under hard acceleration and the engine management lite comes on briefly and goes off and then the car pulls again.

Heeeelllllllpppppppppp!!!
fragpot

13th Jun 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air Mass/Flow Sensor gone? Try cleaning the connections. Check for any air leaks in the air trunk or vaccume pipes. Get any erratic idle or pinking?
bigjim172000

13th Jun 05 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no engine management light on any more, and there is no erratic idle.
X 60RSA

13th Jun 05 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably like my 1.2!

Requires new AFM, Coolant Temp Sensor, Modified loom and plugging into a comp and re-mapping!

Not cheap if it is the common problem some 1litre/1.2's have!

New Poll