corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RR @ PVS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RR @ PVS
Paul_J

User status: Offline
6th Jun 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually - you were at FCS - you had a drag strip right next to you! Why didn't you take your car down the drag strip rather than get it on a rolling road. This would be a much more realistic figure of how well your car is performing and when you get a 17.9 or something we can all stand and laugh as you claim to have 115 bhp and 122 lb ft of torque.

1 final note - power figures @ the fly are just estimates... usually add on 23% or whatever the rolling road decides to add on that day.

They may have just decided to add a very big percentage from the wheels power to the fly. (for transmission losses) which is just bull.
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 05 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driving a car down the strip in no way to judge cars power, i mean i set a 17.5 time in my car and a 15.7, no differenced in the car at all! just shows that practice makes it better
Paul_J

6th Jun 05 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
driving a car down the strip in no way to judge cars power, i mean i set a 17.5 time in my car and a 15.7, no differenced in the car at all! just shows that practice makes it better

Hmm, true.

Though generally if you can't beat a 1.6 down the strip in a 1.4 - I wouldn't of thought you could beat one on the roads either ... My point being he obviously thinks he and his car can go quicker than 1.6's - on the 1/4 mile we'd see if this was true or not (ok his launch may not be ace, but if it's like how he drives when he beats the 1.6's on the road that's all that'd matter).
Kiddy_Corsa

7th Jun 05 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Actually - you were at FCS - you had a drag strip right next to you! Why didn't you take your car down the drag strip rather than get it on a rolling road. This would be a much more realistic figure of how well your car is performing and when you get a 17.9 or something we can all stand and laugh as you claim to have 115 bhp and 122 lb ft of torque.

1 final note - power figures @ the fly are just estimates... usually add on 23% or whatever the rolling road decides to add on that day.

They may have just decided to add a very big percentage from the wheels power to the fly. (for transmission losses) which is just bull.

im agreein wiv u lot, i dont for 1 minute its 115bhp. but u seem u tak the piss 4 even sayin it is. i'll have it properly rollered next week.
Kiddy_Corsa

7th Jun 05 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do mobile ones tell u bollox? and why dont proper RR's tell u bullshit?
Joff

7th Jun 05 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you need to know what bhp it is?

Look at some of Iceman's threads - he's got a 2.0 16v on throttle bodies and has had massive differences in bhp over the past couple of weeks, just by going to different rolling roads.

The only true rolling road figure is what your arse tells you when you're driving it.
vibrio
Banned

7th Jun 05 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

you have great ability to talk crap
vibrio
Banned

7th Jun 05 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Why do you need to know what bhp it is?

Look at some of Iceman's threads - he's got a 2.0 16v on throttle bodies and has had massive differences in bhp over the past couple of weeks, just by going to different rolling roads.

The only true rolling road figure is what your arse tells you when you're driving it.

mine tells me to get new seats lol

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RR @ PVS 22 database queries in 0.0170851 seconds