corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any pics of fears new interior?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any pics of fears new interior?
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
5th Jun 05 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fear
can only imagine what it must have been like having a car on teh cover
Especially if it gets shopped a different colour and put on a French magazine...
Fear

5th Jun 05 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many more colours and mags and countries to come though........
FlamingCorsa

5th Jun 05 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how many more colours and mags and countries to come though........

justin from total vaux thought that if i had done france and england versions it will prob make it to greese and spain editions also cos thay are all tied in together!!! wud not mind so long as i get copies of mags!!!!!
MR2Mike

5th Jun 05 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
fear... how much wud a bodyshop charge roughly cos i havent got a clue how to do it myself .. ill b honest lol.

Iaz... was that orange flipped corsa ures? n now youve got the blue jagcorsa?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by FlamingCorsa:

where u been mike, had blue then green combatty kitted corsa, then i had the orange flippy one but that written off now! always had blue jagcorsa! just got the astra gsi turbo and vx220 also now - lol

Originally posted by Mike_Corsa:

lol im new to cs really mate, so dont know many of ya, just seen a few pics of ur cars that adge showed me... didnt know blue one was ures, just knew that the old orange flipped one was ures.
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 05 at 07:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Thing with Sam's is that it's still a useable, proper, pukka, 100%, real car. Credit to the guy for it.

Red car was trailored in, right onto its stand. At least Iaz drove JC onto our pad. I meant Jagcorsa btw, not Jesus Christ.

agree completly, i wud have a crack at driving jacorsa all the way if i could get it insured for the road, not even atempted that tho cos i think i wud end up listening to the.....beeeeep as they hang up when i answer to "is it modified at all sir"??!!!?!?!?!?!!?

wud be funny tho, sure they wud think i was just making it up
Would be more like "...ok, I'll tell you what isn't modified..."

At the end of the day, your car is gonna be eyecatching whether or not its got a bit of dirt in the arches. That red thing today didn't impress me at all. Like I said, just an ornament, shoulda had a glass cae round it.

exactly the same comments were made by mate mates when we were watching the judging.

the red one had everything but even the brake discs looked like new! its obvious its not used. defeats the point of a car like that to me

[Edited on 06-06-2005 by broster]
Joff

6th Jun 05 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, mines the same and I'm just upset no-one noticed the time and effort I put in to make my car a truly stunning, immaculate show car.
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

6th Jun 05 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fears dash is really nice. Mine is like Fears, but when it comes back from the trimmers they wont look too much alike. I was going to mount a TV where the dials were orignialy, but then when sam smoothed over where the dials were i loved it.
I think the whole of Fears car works together and the quality of the trimming and bodywork is amazing!
Tom

6th Jun 05 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done fear that's ace
Icy

6th Jun 05 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really likin it more now dude
nice touches

pic i took of inside

SteveW

6th Jun 05 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never heard Fears ICS setup.. but i bet is amazing

love that car, well done lad
Fear

6th Jun 05 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Steve and ICY

Steve would hvae let you have a listen yesterday but i actually think it could have finished you off
James_DT

6th Jun 05 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love that, but how much does the sun affect the LCD screen's visibility?

Also, pics of the 306?
Fear

6th Jun 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no doesnt get any shine from sun or anything!

no pics of the 306 sorry
Dom

6th Jun 05 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like that, looks really well done as well

although the whole lets "film the clocks" thing seems abit daft tbh - surely it would be better to do a propper job of it and get the information from the ECU, pass it through a pc/software and display something that is of decent quality aswell as being able to pull more information about the car?

Or build a full LCD display dash, using a graphical display which would allow you to do anything you wanted (position the dials anywhere on the display, show graphics, animation etc), or a heads-up display?

but the work looks brilliant, and aslong as you like it then its all good
Pablo

6th Jun 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cheers Steve and ICY

Steve would hvae let you have a listen yesterday but i actually think it could have finished you off
Fear

6th Jun 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh nice idea Dom but its the costs involved in all that!

the screen and camera and everything to run it cost less than £350 cant see all that costing less than that considering the basic stack dash(which i looked into) is £900!
Dom

6th Jun 05 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeh nice idea Dom but its the costs involved in all that!

the screen and camera and everything to run it cost less than £350 cant see all that costing less than that considering the basic stack dash(which i looked into) is £900!

aye, ive already looked into doing a lcd graphical display for the corsa B, to fit into the current dial housing - worked out about 10 grand for the first one and about 500-1000 there after just for the screen

although the idea of getting the info from the ecu and displaying your own setup on a display (like you have) would cost around the same what it did with the dials in a box job - apart from it being a bit more difficult.

eitherway, yours is the first corsa with it and it looks well built
James_DT

6th Jun 05 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would you pass the information from the ECU to a computer or similar then?

quote:
no doesnt get any shine from sun or anything!

Cool, that was the only possible problem I could see with it.
Korsa

6th Jun 05 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
ok cheers fear... if im feeling brave ill ask adge @ st bodyworx how much lol

was supposed to have my pillars ready for pv, and heard nothing....
sunnyb

6th Jun 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah fear, love the dash mate. shame i couldnt go bet the pics dont do it justice! nice one all round
jr

6th Jun 05 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a look round the car and didnt notice the lack of dials, must have been soooo tired
PainZ

6th Jun 05 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to speak to you again sam,

Car looked awesome, first time seen it in the flesh since ermmmmm trax 03? or donny south 03??

Looks fantasic! Really take my hat off to you for doors, dash etc... I know how hard it is getting panels to the stage where you can paint them and get the finish you have!! looks awesome mate!!!
Dom

6th Jun 05 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT

you can buy little widgets that connect the diagnostic connector on the Corsa's ECU that sits on the serial/RS232 port of a pc (or your own board) - its then just a simple case of opening a serial connection and firing strings/comamnds down it to recieve info back...you can get the current speed, rpm, fuel flow, temps etc you can also change a lot of stuff using it aswell.

The only down side of it all is the mileage - as the ecu doesnt store this (i dont think), its just the original clocks, so you'd probably have to install mechanical mileage, as there is no proof of the original mileage if you transfered it all to digital - obviously there are ways of doing, but i dont think it would be legal

[Edited on 06-06-2005 by Dom]
James@CCC

6th Jun 05 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

you can buy little widgets that connect the diagnostic connector on the Corsa's ECU that sits on the serial/RS232 port of a pc (or your own board) - its then just a simple case of opening a serial connection and firing strings/comamnds down it to recieve info back...you can get the current speed, rpm, fuel flow, temps etc you can also change a lot of stuff using it aswell.

The only down side of it all is the mileage - as the ecu doesnt store this (i dont think), its just the original clocks, so you'd probably have to install mechanical mileage, as there is no proof of the original mileage if you transfered it all to digital - obviously there are ways of doing, but i dont think it would be legal

Does this wire and software already exist? Sooo want it!
Dom

6th Jun 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James@CCC
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Does this wire and software already exist? Sooo want it!

this board to connect to the ecu does exist, its about 120 quid or so. As for software, there is stuff already made, but it more for diags of the car and changing bits.
If you were designing this for something like Fears dash, you would probably not use a pc and build your own little board with a processor that outputs via serial to the ecu board and display the information accordingly.
But using a pc, means you could knock something up a lot easier - and you could use the pc as a media system as well etc etc

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any pics of fears new interior? 22 database queries in 0.1960690 seconds