corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Strange noise comming from cold engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange noise comming from cold engine
Doug

User status: Offline
   5th Jun 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right when my car ahs been stood for a long time and is completly cold (like 6+ hours) When i start to drive i can hear what sounds almost like squelchy water when i accelerate comming from the engine

Its a new shape corsa and is out of warrenty now so its going to cost me whatever it is! The water pump went not too long ago and it has been making the noises ever since i had it replaced. Also when i first start the engine up it makes very loud noises almost as if there is no oil in the engine then after 5 seconds or so it gets quieter again like normal

Its the Z10XE engine in a '02 plate corsa 'life'

Any ideas or suggestions?
X 60RSA

5th Jun 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air in the system at a guess? Maybe some air trapped somewhere, therefore this area isn't filled with water and doesn't flow correctly.??
Doug

5th Jun 05 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But what i forgot to mention was that once the engine is up to temp it dosnt make the noise anymore.

Got my puzzled......am hoping it isnt something like the head gasket
Nojustice

6th Jun 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this problem too....any ideas
Doug

8th Jun 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any more ideas?
Mistamist

9th Jun 05 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the same thing i said to Cybermonkey in his thread, failing that, drain the system, flush with clean water through a hose, then fill the system again with coolant, then try again. keep an eye out for mayo under the oil filler cap, and for white smoke out the exhaust. make ure your interior blowers temperature is turned on full when you do this though.

hopefully its just an air lock and when they changed the water pump they didnt bleed the system properly.
Doug

9th Jun 05 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will go and buy some coolant and a haynes manual and try this now
teeach

10th Jun 05 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try some magnatex oil m8
Cybermonkey

10th Jun 05 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by teeach
try some magnatex oil m8

oil is oil at the end of the day. Oil from Vauxhall is cheap, and as good as anything on the shelves in halfrauds
lightning

10th Jun 05 at 05:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a '95 sb Barina (oz) when mine was making lots of noise @ startup time it turned out to be the coolant temperature sensor !!! cost me $12.95 for the new sensor, took me 'bout half hour to replace as it was between the motor & the firewall. At first I thought the timing belt was about to fall off it made such a noise!!!
Doug

10th Jun 05 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mists suggestion has solved the problem!
Was an airlock

New Poll