corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oh no, more problems, my cars making a hissing noise HELPPPPPP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oh no, more problems, my cars making a hissing noise HELPPPPPP
Gaz Compassion

User status: Offline
1st Jun 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive jsut opened up my bonnet to get to the ICV and started it up, its making a really loud hissing noise.
this stays the same if you rev the car, sounds like air leak, i think this might be why im getting the engine ligh come on saying fault 35

can anyone help, if i cant fix it tomorrow i cant go to PVS
broster
Premium Member

1st Jun 05 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vacume pipe come off.
Gaz Compassion

1st Jun 05 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres my engine, and the pic below is where the hissing noise is coming from...

broster
Premium Member

1st Jun 05 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are some vacume lines there connected to the inlet ;look for itthere is one just below the big nut thing(the pipe with the 90degree bend) looks to be loose.....
Gaz Compassion

1st Jun 05 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vacums are connected if you look under that big nut and about 4" down theres a rubber seal (at least thats what i think it is) this seems to have a hole in it, this hole sucks at your finger when you put it on it, also when the car is reved it sucks harder. when i put my finger over it it lowers the cars revs down to about 550 / 600 RPM.
i think this is coz the ECU has gone into back up mode already. as has somehow altered the revs to cater for the hole in the seal. i could be wrong.

if this is so, can i fill this hole with sealant or tape (temp measure) then reset the ECU or am io talking shite?

if im right then hopefully all should be back to normal, although this hole might have something thats supposed to go in it.

a very unsure gaz
Gaz Compassion

1st Jun 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a video of what happens when you apply your finger....

d/l it here: http://www.hardcoreregime.co.uk/images/MOV00017.MPG
broster
Premium Member

1st Jun 05 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said on msn, its the rubber bit on the inlet to throttle body thats gone, giving you an air leak, like the throttle is partially open. tape it up as a temp measure but best off replacing it, it can be a fiddley job and replaces the suicide clips with jubilee ones to make it easier
Gaz Compassion

1st Jun 05 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much appreciated !

Gaz

New Poll