corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x14/x16xe new performance inlet manifolds! *pics*

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14/x16xe new performance inlet manifolds! *pics*
BeArDy

User status: Offline
29th May 05 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aslong as you have tested this not just throwing it together to make a few £££

and when you look at the Skyline one yes it dosent on the first 4 BUT there one 3 cly across if u get me as they are a V6 engine so each 2 inlets are only 1 cly across where yours will be 4 cly across.

so what test have you or will be running
broster
Premium Member

29th May 05 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the skyline was a straight 6 engine!?
BeArDy

29th May 05 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster

they are
DoH.....!!!!!
broster
Premium Member

29th May 05 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
quote:
Originally posted by broster

they are
DoH.....!!!!!

fool
Richie

29th May 05 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats two DoH's ive seen from beardy so far

One DoH for this, and another from when he swore blind that 1.0 12v and 1.2 16v engines didnt have cam chains

Made a crazy bet too at the time i think, something about standing in a road naked, have you fulfilled that yet?
Richie

29th May 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
trust me its not chain Driven i will show my arse on the town hall steps if its chain
cam belt is timing belt
its rubber trust
just do a search for 1.2 16v timing belt has snaped

if a Vectra 2.5 V6 is rubber when i am sure a little 1.2 16 is going to rubber aswell

chain driven like i said is more top end large engines where changing belt is going to be hard and if snaps alot go's with it all
example 200ZX is chain

your little 1.2 is rubber
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th May 05 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back to the subject...............
MoNkEy MaGiC

3rd Jun 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.... yes back to the subject

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
so £425 for the gsi c16xe version!
well... its still cheaper than mantzel used to be!

1) but is that £425 with delivery + sprayed in colour of our choice??
2) is that pic the final production version??
3) will it be nice and tidy like the "dibilas" one or like the "mantzel" with pipes going and coming everywere??
4) what about gaurantee? 12months? what will it cover?

[Edited on 03-06-2005 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Paul_J

3rd Jun 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this design has been flow tested and has performed very well compared to the mantzel powerbox.

thanks, Dave

Not being funny but Those pics are on a computer? i.e. not been made yet - so how can you say that it'll perform better than other things?

You need to get your car rolling roaded standard... rolling roaded with your manztel and then rolling roaded with your version ...

At the moment it just feels like your doing the good old ebay chip trick ... 'These have been tested and guarantee up to 20 bhp!!!'
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jun 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Big problem with your Design mate

was looking into this for my LET
all below taken from http://www.max-boost.co.uk

The page with all the Details on...........

But that doesn't make it any good - cylinder #4 will not get the same airflow as #1. If the airflow is different among the cylinders, the fuelling will be all over the place, won't it? So the ignition needs will be different for each cylinder. But even if these are all smoothed out (and no cylinder detonates), the different airflow will result in each cylinder producing different amounts of power, so the delicate balance of the 4-cylinder design goes out of the window: some cylinders will be working against each other.

This manifold suffers from the same 'unequal feed' syndrome. The injectors will supply the same amount of fuel in each cylinder, but even a variance of 10%

Below is a high-flow inlet manifold for the Skyline GTS (six cylinder, single turbo). It shows how it should be done. Note the shape of the 'rail', the aim is to have identical flow in the runners,

[Edited on 29-05-2005 by BeArDy]

note the difference and note the larger manifold
Dave A

3rd Jun 05 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
this design has been flow tested and has performed very well compared to the mantzel powerbox.

thanks, Dave

Not being funny but Those pics are on a computer? i.e. not been made yet - so how can you say that it'll perform better than other things?

You need to get your car rolling roaded standard... rolling roaded with your manztel and then rolling roaded with your version ...

At the moment it just feels like your doing the good old ebay chip trick ... 'These have been tested and guarantee up to 20 bhp!!!'

i know there will be critics out there, but all comments are welcome.

yes the pics are cad drawings. the reason pics of the finished article arnt up yet is because it is not 100% finished as a real article. still needs some tidying up as im sure people would like a tidy engine bay, no point in me putting pics up of a messy engine bay, it will just put people off.

the 'flow tests' that have been carried out on the prototype have shown better results than the mantzel powerbox, but i admit, this wont be really noticeable in the finished product without lots of other mods, i.e flowed head etc... the way a flow test is carried out is the inlet is fitted to a manifold on a flow machine, this then puts vaccum on the inlet. the more resistance the inlet gives the worse the flow. the new inlet gave 3% better flow rates than the mantzel.

the design work and testing of the inlet is being carried out by a company that builds inlets and induction systems and exhausts for german touring cars, so i think they know their stuff

the prototype was fitted to my car and rolling road tested. with the mantzel, it put out 155bhp with the new inlet it gave 153 bhp then the mantzel was re-fitted and it gave 154 bhp. so the gains were very similar to the mantzel as far as bhp. the tourque was different tho, the tourque was a lot better (smoother flatter curve) with the new inlet, and that is where the new inlet is better, lots of people look at bhp as a performance figure, but it is how the engine deliveres the power that is important.

ive got a mate with a nova x16xe on throttle bodies with 157 bhp. although mine and his are very similar in power, his car deliveres the power so much better, as the power is a lot lower down in the rev range, and midrange, he leaves me standing.

as we speak, im getting someone with a standard 1.6 corsa sport to use as a guinea pig. his car will be run standard, then with the inlet, then with raised rev limit and mapped ecu. this will give a very good example of what the inlet is capable of. the product and full details will be up shortly, so watch this space
Paul_J

3rd Jun 05 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's cool mate... just by the pics I thought you hadn't made one and were trying to sucker people into buying one before they're made - so you have the money to actually make one....

Though when they were made they might of been crap.

But if you've tested a prototype thats wicked
ainsley_brader

31st Jan 06 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did anything ever come of this?
ajscorsa

31st Jan 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt, want to know more about this?
Dave A

1st Feb 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, i did make a few of them and sold them all fitted etc. but they were not really cost effective as to make a decent profit i had to sell them all fitted for around £500.

they gave very good gains tho, on the two i made and fitted and put on a rolling road the first car (totally standard apart from the inlet) was an x16xe. produced 106 bhp before and 123 bhp after.

the other one i fitted (also an x16xe) put out 110 bhp with a pipercross viper and decat exhaust system. and after having the inlet fitted put out 129 bhp. the owner took it to dastek and had it mapped with a unichip and then came back to the rolling road and it produced 139 bhp@ 7150 rpm.

so after mapping a gain of 29 bhp with the aid of a viper ind kit and de-cat exhaust.

Reason i stopped making them is down to money. i now make a lot of money in my job (70k last year ) and ive not got the time / lost interest in the whole thing. even tho they were far better quality than both the dbilas and the mantzel, they were never going to be competitive on price due to the manufacturing costs. needed to make 20+ at at a time really.

if somebody is interested then i am wiling to sell the design and cad programs on for someone to take off where i left it (all the hard work done ) all you would need is someone to do the manufacturing i.e a cnc machining company.
Sandsy

1st Feb 06 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no chance of making owt like this for the 8valve?
Dave A

1st Feb 06 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not from me there isnt, sorry.
Wrighty

1st Feb 06 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

70k a year,what you do?
Dave A

1st Feb 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
70k a year,what you do?

commission based sales rep. i sell conservatories.
Wrighty

1st Feb 06 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get me a job with you plssss

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x14/x16xe new performance inlet manifolds! *pics* 22 database queries in 0.1860170 seconds