corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » For Those who know about engine..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For Those who know about engine..
AK

User status: Offline
26th May 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel injectors in general are designed to deliver fuel within a certain range of fuel pressure, duty cycle and volumetric flow rate parameters. When any of these parameters are exceeded, the spray pattern and atomization properties of the fuel being injected degrade rapidly - which is particularly evident with the standard XR6 Turbo injectors. When increasing the fuel pressure in order to force more fuel through the injector nozzles, the resultant spray pattern exhibits a significant degradation in fuel particle size and spread. In addition, in order to supply fuel at a higher pressure, the standard fuel pump is placed under greatly increased load.

Needless to say, poor fuel spray patterns have severe consequences on fuel economy, throttle response and most importantly on engine durability, particularly at high power levels.

There are many ways of increasing fuel flow but only one is technically correct - Appropriately sized injectors operating within the specified injector duty cycle and fuel pressure to achieve the desired power level.
AK

26th May 05 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very good page from OwenDevelopments

http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/tuning/injector-servicing.html
iceman

26th May 05 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
Fuel injectors in general are designed to deliver fuel within a certain range of fuel pressure, duty cycle and volumetric flow rate parameters. When any of these parameters are exceeded, the spray pattern and atomization properties of the fuel being injected degrade rapidly - which is particularly evident with the standard XR6 Turbo injectors. When increasing the fuel pressure in order to force more fuel through the injector nozzles, the resultant spray pattern exhibits a significant degradation in fuel particle size and spread. In addition, in order to supply fuel at a higher pressure, the standard fuel pump is placed under greatly increased load.

Needless to say, poor fuel spray patterns have severe consequences on fuel economy, throttle response and most importantly on engine durability, particularly at high power levels.

There are many ways of increasing fuel flow but only one is technically correct - Appropriately sized injectors operating within the specified injector duty cycle and fuel pressure to achieve the desired power level.

and this means
Rob H

26th May 05 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need new injectors that are upto the job, for the fuel pressure your using .

[Edited on 26-05-2005 by Rob H]
iceman

26th May 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so who rekons i should change these injectors then?
bradfincham

26th May 05 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me
iceman

26th May 05 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i shall do a poll lol
AK

26th May 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont really see what your prob is though.....

190bhp isnt that far off what your spec should be
iceman

26th May 05 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know that its just else people have been saying change the injectors as ur b losing power if this is the case then i will but i dont wana buy them if they is going to be no difference
iceman

26th May 05 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poll is up

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » For Those who know about engine.. 22 database queries in 0.0128980 seconds