corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » few questions please guys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author few questions please guys
Tony05

User status: Offline
23rd May 05 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the sake of insurence lol
ive got a peco back box and instead of buyin a full system is there any major diff in sound beetween other boxes?
or has anyone had a peco 1 then changed to another box?

also ive got a cheap 20 quid max power induction filter is it worth gettin a pipecross on a 1.2 8valve will it sound or go alot better than the filter ive got
please help as its test day nxt week and want it sorted
cheers
Ned

23rd May 05 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may be a little difference in sound with the backbox, filter will probaby sound the same, I think them max power filters can go rusty too, you won't notice any power change
Marc

23rd May 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap 20 filter? Doesnt sound good does it. I very much doubt an induction will help you with this engine anyway.
Skipz

23rd May 05 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick with the Peco back box for now you wont see a great difference in sound if you just change the backbox IMHO... See how it goes on the test if it passes with flying colours (assuming your talkign about MOT as i cant see anyone puttin a 1.2 8v on the rollers ) take your centre section out cut the ox and put some pipe in it's place if you dont want to spend the cash on a full system!

I Dont like Induction kits so i cant really comment i'd rather run with an airbox and K&N panel filter

[Edited on 23-05-2005 by h18_oab]
Tony05

23rd May 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on about driving test mate just want it sorted before u know for abit of street cred
Jamie Walby

23rd May 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Peco backbox together with a K&N 57i induction kit on my 1.2 8v! Cant say much/if any power increase but it certainly sounded good!
Skipz

23rd May 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case tony, Take your centre section out, cut the middle box out and replace with a bit of piping weld it into place and rehang Start her up and the Peco should be a little bit louder

Cheapest way to do it.. Still cant comment on induction kits I've had and Came across a lot of bother with them...

i had one on my Corsa K&N 57i and the car had a flatspot between 2k-3k revs it didnt want to go anywhere..

Other problems i've heard is Mainly with Mk4 astras! they dont agree with induction kits and tend to shit themselves!

[Edited on 23-05-2005 by h18_oab]
ed

23rd May 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Peco is a bit deeper, sounds a bit nicer but is no louder.
Tony05

23rd May 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u meen cat by middle section if so thats stayin,might just buy full system there was a remus section on ebay i bought 8 weeks ago but company has gone bust just about and ebay r shite about claims ive heard
Matt G

23rd May 05 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mid section. he means the mid silencer
Paul_J

23rd May 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh removing the middle silencer (replacing with a straight through pipe) - will make it much louder.

Though whether you want your car looking like a boy racer car for your driving test I don't know. I would also suggest you don't wear a burbery cap. Otherwise you may fail before you start the car
Shane

23rd May 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i took my induction kit off my 1.2 8v, the only difference i noticed was

1, less fuel consumed
2, less noise
3, slower form 80-90

and thats it
Tony05

23rd May 05 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul its not a so called boy racer car,soon to be kitted out with reiger styling etc,not doin for test doin for when i pass so as soon as pass can go in a nice to look at and soundin car,no it aint just a standard car with a backbox i no the sort u meen and no bubery i hate them sort of corsa and the chavs that drive em dont worry,ill post pics when its all sorted lol and for the section cuttin will it just be loud like a old bangor or sound nice,whos done it u guys or someone u know?
Skipz

23rd May 05 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
yeh removing the middle silencer (replacing with a straight through pipe) - will make it much louder.

Though whether you want your car looking like a boy racer car for your driving test I don't know. I would also suggest you don't wear a burbery cap. Otherwise you may fail before you start the car

yes Middle Silence...

Paul Removing the Middle Silencer doesnt make it too much louder but gives the pecos a bit more depth and tone to them! It wont be like a Powerflow thats loud as f*ck but it will sound better than a Peco shoved onto a standard system

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » few questions please guys 22 database queries in 0.0124111 seconds