corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ANOTHER CAR .......... EXPENSIVE PROJECT!!! NEW STRIPPED pics on page3

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ANOTHER CAR .......... EXPENSIVE PROJECT!!! NEW STRIPPED pics on page3
RS6

User status: Offline
23rd May 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats gonna look quality when finished hats of to you mate, for all your good work going on there i've seen vx220 down at our local scrappy: silverlake in silver
ChazSXi

23rd May 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was a yellow one too jimbo...have stripped it all now tho had all mint rear panels i think!

do us proud with the dark rims iaz very lush car soooooooo jealous but im sure u will make it better than what it was out the factory!

[Edited on 23-05-2005 by ChazSXi]
Jules S
Premium Member

23rd May 05 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive seen many a naked Vx220...mine included

Sorry to put the mokkas on this, but that chassis tub looks absolutely fcud to me

any ideas on how you intend to straighten/repair it???
Marc

23rd May 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you tell from those pics
Jules S
Premium Member

23rd May 05 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ANY chassis damage to vx's is deemed to write them off.

chassis seem to be unviable repairs and they cost about 7k IIRC

It looks pretty bent on the sill in the fotos
ainsley_brader

23rd May 05 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to agree the sill looks a lot worse damagedthan the one i rebuilt.

Thank god yours is a turbo though i found the 2.2 very dissapointing.

Will look sweet yellow and black.

I hope the windscreens ok as they are mega bucks from vaux. Also i dont think the silver trim comes off as it comes from vaux as part of the screen!

Ains
Jamie

23rd May 05 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell Iaz you dont half hang about do you
Carr

23rd May 05 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
Jamie

23rd May 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just been over the post again, as OJC said and I've said in a few of your posts your some boy and hats off to you.

I appreciate the hours you work being a chef and being able to dedicate your self to this sort of thing.

stuartmitchell

23rd May 05 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iaz your a fucking clever guy

I cant see past a hammer and nails
FlamingCorsa

23rd May 05 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by benny_h

well pretty sure it was crashed at low sweed and so its just knocked into the sill there, gonna take the under tray off and straightne that which will be easy and straighten the rest out! its just kinked the side there, all the lines like before the engine are dead straight!!! been mesuring places tonight and all the measurements show chassis is straight, just one of the wishbones is not right! its been up the kerb in smash so knocked summit out!

also changing the sill plates than come off they are only allen keyed one! dont get me wrong i will not be able to get the sill perfect but the chassis is straight and thats wot matters if i will be using the car for driving! but at the end of the day the car will have cost me i estimate 13k in total when repaired instead of the 19k a normal one so for the 6k less i can live with a kinked kinked sill if it drives just the same!!
Nath

23rd May 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome!
Jules S
Premium Member

23rd May 05 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
quote:

well pretty sure it was crashed at low sweed and so its just knocked into the sill there, gonna take the under tray off and straightne that which will be easy and straighten the rest out! its just kinked the side there, all the lines like before the engine are dead straight!!! been mesuring places tonight and all the measurements show chassis is straight, just one of the wishbones is not right! its been up the kerb in smash so knocked summit out!

also changing the sill plates than come off they are only allen keyed one! dont get me wrong i will not be able to get the sill perfect but the chassis is straight and thats wot matters if i will be using the car for driving! but at the end of the day the car will have cost me i estimate 13k in total when repaired instead of the 19k a normal one so for the 6k less i can live with a kinked kinked sill if it drives just the same!!

i'll see if i can get you a pic of an untouched chassis/tub morrow

the cills are part of the bonded chassis...a pic may help
FlamingCorsa

24th May 05 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
quote:

i'll see if i can get you a pic of an untouched chassis/tub morrow

the cills are part of the bonded chassis...a pic may help

nice one any help or pics wud be great!!! the top of the sill where u get over to get in the car is completle straight its just the bottom edge its kinked in! gonna take that off in a min, cos think its allen keys to take it off, c wots underneath!

got new heater pipe to do on, need to get new brake pipe also just so its done, neather are leaking just may aswell be done while its all apart!
Colin

24th May 05 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need more pix
FlamingCorsa

24th May 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we found where the prob with the rear drivers side wheel is now, its stretched the bolts conecting the top wishbone to the hub, 2 new ones will sort that and looks like the bolt that comes through the tubber in bottom wishbone is not coming up at corect angle! just depends if that means new wishbone completly!!! phoning vauxhall now!
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont bother phoning vaux they aint gonna know. they dont even know what ht leads without looking them up on the computer
Corsa_Carl

24th May 05 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyones sayin wot wheels to get lolol think we shall start to think about bodyparts bfor nething else

[Edited on 24-05-2005 by Corsa_Carl]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Silverlake Auto Parts. They are thye biggest breaker in HAmpshire, and the mail stuff I believe. They are my local scrappy and do have at least 1 VX220

http://www.silverlakeautoparts.co.uk

That's if Vaux want stupid money

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Tom

24th May 05 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's sweet, looks amazing without the panels on but it will look sweet when back together with some nice dark wheels, hope it all fixes ok mate

I thort 'oh no what has he bought to get rid f that nice astra' when I first opened the post did not imagine it'd be a vx 220 let alone a turbo
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at it you dont get much for the cash do you, apart from the engine what are you paying for? ther fuck all to the chassis and shell
N90ATH

24th May 05 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iaz def hats off to ay if i could i would love to be able to do thsi sorta thig but cash and space is a problem for me but consdiering u do most thing ur self or wid ya dad def well done mate.

and the black and yellow sceme would look sweet and def paint the window surround balck, and get rid of the silver parts inside and change it to match the yellow and black of the extrior
Tom

24th May 05 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
looking at it you dont get much for the cash do you, apart from the engine what are you paying for? ther fuck all to the chassis and shell

development costs, they will only sell so many.
FlamingCorsa

24th May 05 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the cars are really basic, now power steering, no electric windows, no centeral locking etc etc etc!

its just a car............that needs to be driven, just driving it round the yard at home the steering seems so precise, feels like its gonna be fun on the road!!!

my vauxhall dealer seems to be pretty good with me to be fair to them, really try hard for me! they are not aproved dealers for the vx220 but still getting parts in for me! just ordered, new fan belt, 5 litres oil, oil filter, bottom rear ball joint, 2 new hex bolts for top of wishbone rear, new brake pipe fo rear drivers side wheel! all that came to about.......£120 ish

then the car SHOULD be sorted mecanically then the fun starts with the bodywork!!
M2RTY

24th May 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

miss a few days on here and iaz goes crazy...again

nutter - respect for having the balls yet again to do something mad

think you should get a full new body made for it, like a beach buggy but smarter and newer - no one will EVER know what it is then lol

and ive said it a 1000 times - SET YOUR OWN BODY SHOP UP u will make a mint out of it and love it

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ANOTHER CAR .......... EXPENSIVE PROJECT!!! NEW STRIPPED pics on page3 23 database queries in 0.1451941 seconds