corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall are.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall are.......
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st May 05 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

................gays! went there for a new 02 sensor, they then told me they needed to know the cars chassis number, well thats bit aquard as the engine is from a new car, sorry sir we cant do anything with out that! lieing gays! went to the motor factors next door and they handed one over. just needed to know the engine code.
IntaCepta

21st May 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this as well for a damn thermostat!

I thought it would be a two minute job as i had friends waiting in the car...
ended up walking out in the end emptyhanded. Local motor factors sorted me out after!
James@CCC

21st May 05 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The always find it so hard to comprehend that i have a cally enigne in my corsa. they always get very confused with which engine bits i need desite how many times i tell them its a c20xe.

ive just got a EPC now and find the part number myself and tell them this
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought they were very rude, other people in the parts section didnt believe it and one bloke told me where a motor factors was that would help
vibrio
Banned

21st May 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always take my chassis numbers in. there are so many parts for both puntos that could be either or
IntaCepta

21st May 05 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James@CCC
ive just got a EPC now and find the part number myself and tell them this

you would think it would be easier for them?

bloody idiots will start playing 101 questions with you!

There's no reason to go back to vaux any more, they are too expensive anyways, and motor factors can usually supply. If they can't, autovaux can
Skipz

21st May 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
................gays! went there for a new 02 sensor, they then told me they needed to know the cars chassis number, well thats bit aquard as the engine is from a new car, sorry sir we cant do anything with out that! lieing gays! went to the motor factors next door and they handed one over. just needed to know the engine code.

Shocking to be honest all we needed to know when i worked in a rover garage was the Year of car engine size and engine code
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah iv given up, i only went as i was near by and didnt know where the motor factors was
James@CCC

21st May 05 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people always say motor factors, but i actually have no idea wot these are or where to find them seriously

ive had a look in autovaux before too and couldnt find anything like icv or afm or anything!
Adam-D

21st May 05 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

motor factors
car accesory shop

near me its called part co or north west autos
or jim barrows

theres quite a few for me to choose from
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look them up at www.yell.com
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do;jsessionid=b0tFG2j5X9-5?searchType=classic&ooa=on&keywords=motor+factors&companyName=&location=northampton&x=36&y=10

quick serch on yell for northampton motor factors
Skipz

21st May 05 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
people always say motor factors, but i actually have no idea wot these are or where to find them seriously

ive had a look in autovaux before too and couldnt find anything like icv or afm or anything!

Motorfactors are usually places that sell non genuine parts, normally aftermarket, like your little shops you get accessories out of that sell parts aswell
James@CCC

21st May 05 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooooh, ok. cheers. and they can get hold of pretty much any part? eingine bits and everything?
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, also with some parts youll find they are exactly the same as GM bits just in a different box. the o2 sensor i got has the same part number stamped on it
Skipz

21st May 05 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ooooh, ok. cheers. and they can get hold of pretty much any part? eingine bits and everything?

Pretty Much... the old car acesory shop i used to work in sold alot of parts..

Wheel bearings,
hubs
discs
pads
filters
Various engine parts
exhausts
Fuel tanks

You name it we could get it, it even went as far as gettin Alloy wheels from suppliers that were identical to Standards from the manufacturer

jr

21st May 05 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at all the ppl saying its shocking, you really have no idea

there is so many chassis number brakes on cars these days that its impossible for a parts department to know what one is correct

mostely on chassis number brakes the actula manufacture of the part changes, the parts lads are only covering there backs

becasue your be the first one down the shouting yoru head off when its wrong for your car
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl, yeah jr......maybe but to be honest why when i go else where is there only one lambda listed for the x16xe engine and they didnt need my chassis number!? the man just didnt want to help as the car had had an engine conversion and could have taken more than 1 min to find!
R Lee

21st May 05 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took my brother 25 minutes to get some clips for the arches yesterday

cost him a different price from when he went to get them the first time too

vauxhall are ace.
Sam
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halfords to some extent could be classed as a motor factors, for example.

Yes having EPC is very useful!
Sam
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW - when I got a new O2 sensor for the Astra from Vauxhall, all they needed to know was the engine code (X14XE). Don't see why they need to know chassis number, as normally if the part number for a certain chassis number range is obsolete, you can just buy the replacement one which is used for the later chassis number range?
jr

21st May 05 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if vaux are anything like vw on parts it deosn work like that

if you have to mk4 golfs, and a chassis number spit on an 02 sensor, it still needs to know the engine code but the chassis number is still required

eg your look it up on an AGU engine for example

and your get
> up to wvwzzz1jz1w000010
and

wvwzzz1jz1w000011 >

the diffrence betwwen these are that the earlier AGU engined version will not fit the later car, what ever way you look at it

[Edited on 21-05-2005 by jr]
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but there is only 1 o2 sensor for the x14xe and x16xe engine! he couldnt be arsed looking! how am i ment to get parts if i need to know the chassis number when i never saw the car my engine came from! all i know is it was a v reg!

he said there could be more than one sensor(without actually looking) so i suggested id pay for however many there were take mine out and check it against them then come back and refund the one i didnt use still unopened. no didnt want the hassle

[Edited on 21-05-2005 by broster]
jr

21st May 05 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you 100% sure there is only 1
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
are you 100% sure there is only 1

according to the motor factors there is yes. he checked in a few books as i asked hi mto make sure

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall are....... 22 database queries in 0.0996580 seconds